Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
When you turn 50 your supposed to get a new bike!?!! Thats a thing??!! Why didn't anybody tell me, or more importantly, Lesley.

Wth.... lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Actually 51 now, but I think it comes with the AARP card... ;)

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
AARP card! Dam, am I behind in the times! I think/ fell like I am still in my 30s... okay, late 30s but still!

Will be 51 in September. Holding out till 23 or 24 for a new one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special - River Rock Gray
28 Posts
Looks like how I want mine to be. How loud are those 909's? I am not looking to piss off the neighbors, but love a low growl if I hit it but reasonable at cruising RPM's if that makes sense. Also, is that a LRS windshield? If so, how tall and did the bars interfere with the windshield? Thanks!
Sorry for the late response. The 909s are not too loud, def good at cruising speeds and sound good when I roll into the throttle. I still have the stock head pipe, so I’m sure they’d be MUCH louder if I changed it. I’m also running stage 1 with the Arlen Ness big sucker and SEPST.

Wind shield is a 14” Klockwerks sport flare, and there is no interference with it and the bars

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
855 Posts
Congrats, and overdue! That color looks even better in person. Let the personalization begin!

Reactions: Ickshter

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, I have been circling Sol over 50 years now, in all that time I have never had a "newer" vehicle. Always just found other things to spend money on that never wanted to pull the trigger on the latest, because something just 3 years older was so much cheaper and I had to put 4 kids through College and such... Well, this spring after a tough personal year losing too many friends before they even hit 60, and going to see my second youngest Graduate in 2 weeks from College and my youngest in his 2nd year. I decided I would finally treat myself, with much coaxing from the OL. So on Saturday I pulled the trigger on a '20 RGS River rock gray blacked out. (yea not BRAND new, baby steps) I am totally shocked at the difference from my '06. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole way home (had to go to a dealership 90mi away to find this bike). The bike is pretty much stock, so I am trying to figure out what pipes I am going to go with and what bars. I had 14" apes on the 06 and that was the only thing that really bugged me on the ride home. Also, I feel like I am sitting much more forward on this bike. When my feet rest on the floorboards I am way over the rear brake and had to pull my foot back to apply the brake. Also, I really need to get used to that hydraulic Clutch. I feel like I am relearning how to ride a bike again. Just night and day from the '06.

Would definitely take any suggestions on what to do first. I thought I read here that '20's could take 14" Apes without switching cables, but the dealership sales guy said 12" and the Parts guy said 13". Factory 47 states their signature series will not need to swap cables. I was thinking maybe RCX 4.5 pipes, but they don't have the upslash option and since I finally have extended bags, I gotta follow those lines.

Here's a pic or it didn't happen proof.... Hasn't been a sunny day since I got it. But I LOVE this color! View attachment 425964
Nice bike enjoy

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited
19 Posts
Looks good. Don't know how you feel about Cobra Exhuast, they make a 909 upswept slipon that follows the lines of the bags. I put 12" Factory 47s on my 2019 the TBW was a little complicating to run through due to the heated grip plug end but nothing needed cut spliced or extended and there was some room left in the cables. I don't know if enough was left for 14" bars but you may be able to squeeze a set on by removing the plug holder behind the ignition cover and extending those cables by removing ty wraps.
I went the Cobra route, too, but the opposite slant. I’m tickled to death with ‘em.

Nice ride, @Ickshter!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went the Cobra route, too, but the opposite slant. I’m tickled to death with ‘em.

Nice ride, @Ickshter!
Yeah me too. Mine are slanted down. They look ok in my opinion. I also have the cobra true duals head pipes. Sounds ok. Used a PV tuner I ordered from fuel moto so they did the mapping. Trying to find somewhere to dyno it and see what they can do to tune it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Just ordered the Cobra 909's upslant and my chopped tour pak for the OL. Now wondering if I go with the Stubby Antenna or the hiden one in the fairing. Truth be told I don't listen to the radio much, it is mostly bluetoothed from my phone, but want to have the option if I am out of cell range

Reactions: JoeyLasers

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special - River Rock Gray
28 Posts
Just ordered the Cobra 909's upslant and my chopped tour pak for the OL. Now wondering if I go with the Stubby Antenna or the hiden one in the fairing. Truth be told I don't listen to the radio much, it is mostly bluetoothed from my phone, but want to have the option if I am out of cell range
I have the hidden one from Hogworkz and reception is pretty bad. I never use the radio so it doesn’t bother me, but I don’t recommend it if you’re going to want the radio. Chances are places with lousy cell reception might also have poor FM reception, so you may want to go with the stubby one.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I am ready again brother. I have a small board going to see what bike SE will arrive in. Let me know if you want a square.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the hidden one from Hogworkz and reception is pretty bad. I never use the radio so it doesn’t bother me, but I don’t recommend it if you’re going to want the radio. Chances are places with lousy cell reception might also have poor FM reception, so you may want to go with the stubby one.
I have one of the real short stubby antennas, cant think of what brand it works ok in the city but once you get out in the county and mountains there isn't many good radio stations to pick up around this way. I haven't even tried it that much as the main thing playing is Bluetooth for me. I hate the factory sky scrapers but I think if you want uninterrupted reception thats really the only option. I could be wrong though

41 - 54 of 54 Posts