Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the trigger on a set of Ohlins (#3-#3) through Howard last night. Can't wait to get them on the bike! I'll give a full review once I do.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You can't go wrong with Ohlins and I'm sure your going to love them. I put Ohlins from Howard on the back of my 2015 RGS and the difference between the Ohlins and stock shocks was like night and day. The problem now with having the O's on the rear, is you suddenly realize how much better the front could be. So, I am now considering Howard's NIX 30mm for the front. Not sure if he makes the 30mm for the Ruchmore but I'll be finding out soon.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
You can't go wrong with Ohlins and I'm sure your going to love them. I put Ohlins from Howard on the back of my 2015 RGS and the difference between the Ohlins and stock shocks was like night and day. The problem now with having the O's on the rear, is you suddenly realize how much better the front could be. So, I am now considering Howard's NIX 30mm for the front. Not sure if he makes the 30mm for the Ruchmore but I'll be finding out soon.
Check with Smarty here on the forums. He's a dealer and has O's in the front as well as the rear.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fitment

There is no difference in the 49mm forks. They just changed the check valves and put in two plastic "Reeds" is all. A $1.00 upgrade and a opportunity to claim it is an upgrade. I showed this "upgrade" on this forum by cutting a set out when the first 2017's came out.

The NIX 30mm cartridges are far, far superior to the 25mm FKC-101/102. I developed this system somewhere around 2008(?) or so and there is many reviews on this system as it is the absolute best in the world for Baggers. The 25mm NIX FKC needs to be re-Valved along with other changes for reduced brake dive and road surface complacency which I do prior to all components being shipped. I do not ship suspension in a box.

If looking around and finding shock models you will see I offer all Ohlins shocks for all HD models as long as it fits. The reason is I build them for you. A piggyback shock should never be used in a Dresser due to saddle bag clearances even when mounted up side down. That is why I thought up than developed the hose mounted Ohlins shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts