Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The location where the top of your tank mounts to, it screws into the frame on each side. The piece that the tank connects to on each side, looks like a spacer? Does anyone know what that is?

Reason I ask is because I just received the wind deflectors that mount around that location, and the left side has less space than the right side.

See photo of the location I'm trying to explain.

Left (the problem side)
1432841598527.jpg

Right (wind deflector mounts perfectly)
1432841697383.jpg

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That does look different, but shouldn't be a problem since the inner wind deflector also mounts to the top of the front crash bar. I'd just shave the mount down to fit the boss on the left side. No worries.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The deflectors on my 09 didn't snap on the tank due to a recall. I drilled a hole and Zip tied them to the bar. Unnoticeable

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just curious why its not even on both sides. Seems like everything I buy to mount on my bike one of the sides is uncooperative.

Also while looking taking the photos I noticed my fairing is closer to the inside of the frame that the right. For example, my right glove box can touch the side of the tank when I open it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm just curious why its not even on both sides. Seems like everything I buy to mount on my bike one of the sides is uncooperative.

Also while looking taking the photos I noticed my fairing is closer to the inside of the frame that the right. For example, my right glove box can touch the side of the tank when I open it.
You obviously got the few left handed bikes manufactured. Most of us are normal and right handed :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Maybe your bike was built on a Monday? Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts