Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mine is a 2012, what I can tell you is TopShop is of the highest quality. I have the viper bags and I will say is my floorboards will scrape before the bags will

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 2012, what I can tell you is TopShop is of the highest quality. I have the viper bags and I will say is my floorboards will scrape before the bags will
Thanks for the response. TopShop has went to a radius bottom on the 2014+ bags (your's are angular right?). I'm assuming the clearances are probably similar. Do run air shocks or are you rolling on coil overs or factory air?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have topshop OEM STYLE on my 15 RGS.... same taper on bottom ( jist a tad less) with factory bodyline. Floorboards hit before bags... factory shock setup.

Quality is over the top!

Brad is great to work with... you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have topshop OEM STYLE on my 15 RGS.... same taper on bottom ( jist a tad less) with factory bodyline. Floorboards hit before bags... factory shock setup.
Quality is over the top!
Thanks for the response Spazz. And special thanks for the pictures! I didn't know that the OEM Style bags had that radius as well. It looks fantastic from all angles. It was also helpful to see that you're still running the stock fender. I'm going to have to do the same on mine.

Thank you Thank you!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Thanks for the response Spazz. And special thanks for the pictures! I didn't know that the OEM Style bags had that radius as well. It looks fantastic from all angles. It was also helpful to see that you're still running the stock fender. I'm going to have to do the same on mine.

Thank you Thank you!
Anytime... Arlen Ness makes a rear valance extension that complements these bags very well.. fyi... from $160-$200 depending on where you get them, just have to have it painted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
wevsspot 2015 top shop viper bags and fender.
I did get a little road rash on one running the Dragon. I'm sure it was a bump in the road, 10,000 miles later and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have topshop OEM STYLE on my 15 RGS.... same taper on bottom ( jist a tad less) with factory bodyline. Floorboards hit before bags... factory shock setup. Quality is over the top!

Hey Spazz, well I finally pulled the trigger and made the same choice as you did. TopShop OEM style for my 2015 RG. The taper at the bottom of the bags looks adequate. I had a hard time choosing between the 2014+ New Style, 2014+ OEM or the 2014+ Viper. I was really leaning toward the Viper until seeing your bags. They pretty much sold me.

Hoping for a good paint match to my denim black, good fitment and top notch quality. This will be my 3rd attempt at getting bags that meet my quality expectations. The TS bags sure aren't cheap, but hopefully this is a one and done thing for me.

Thanks again.

Wev

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hey Spazz, well I finally pulled the trigger and made the same choice as you did. TopShop OEM style for my 2015 RG. The taper at the bottom of the bags looks adequate. I had a hard time choosing between the 2014+ New Style, 2014+ OEM or the 2014+ Viper. I was really leaning toward the Viper until seeing your bags. They pretty much sold me.

Hoping for a good paint match to my denim black, good fitment and top notch quality. This will be my 3rd attempt at getting bags that meet my quality expectations. The TS bags sure aren't cheap, but hopefully this is a one and done thing for me.

Thanks again.

Wev
Glad to help you decide. Topshop bags are quality bags, you won't be disapointed. You going with TheFactoryMatch for painted TS bags? Brad Smith did an outstanding job mine... highly recommend TheFactoryMatch

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to help you decide. Topshop bags are quality bags, you won't be disapointed. You going with TheFactoryMatch for painted TS bags? Brad Smith did an outstanding job mine... highly recommend TheFactoryMatch
Yes, I ordered from TheFactoryMatch. When I had my tank repainted after an unfortunate accident in my garage, it took a very very talented local guy 4 attempts to get the denim black right. When I approached him about bags he wanted $900 to prep and paint my extended bags. Not only was FactoryMatch a more cost effective choice, they also get rave reviews on paint quality and paint matching. Hope I experience the same.

Wev

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey wevsspot just noticed your in Arkansas, were about?
I did 3 years at Little Rock AFB, 1982-85. Worked on the Titan II so got to see a lot of the area. The Ozarks is some nice country, had a couple of buddy's back then that were from Harrison.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey wevsspot just noticed your in Arkansas, were about?
I did 3 years at Little Rock AFB, 1982-85. Worked on the Titan II so got to see a lot of the area. The Ozarks is some nice country, had a couple of buddy's back then that were from Harrison.
I'm in Northwest Arkansas. Closest city is Rogers / Bentonville (I'm in the country near Beaver Lake).

Lots of folks don't know that Arkansas was the location of one of three SMWs deployed after the Titan II was developed. I was watching a special on our local educational programming channel a few weeks ago. The two documentaries were specifically about the disasters in '65 and '80. Fascinating (albeit pretty dang scary as well).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts