Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got all my stuff back from powder coat, time to reinstall. Ordered a service manual via ebay... sent me the wrong manual

Kinda a tall order, but would anyone know the torque specs for the engine covers of the rushmore roadglides?

Rocker arm, rocker cover, derby cover, ect.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Already spent $85 on this one off the Internet. I'm about ready to bite the bullet and take the hour drive to the dealership and buy another :-( Weds and thursday are my days off this week and I really want to get it back to gether.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hey guys. Just got all my stuff back from powder coat, time to reinstall. Ordered a service manual via ebay... sent me the wrong manual

Kinda a tall order, but would anyone know the torque specs for the engine covers of the rushmore roadglides?

Rocker arm, rocker cover, derby cover, ect.
Rocker arms are 18-22ft. pounds, rocker cover 135-155 inch pounds. I just tighten the rocker covers about as tight as I can get them with a short 1/2" wrench alternating diagonally with the bolts, derby cover I do the same way with a 1/4" drive star socket and small socket wrench, 84-108 inch pounds on primary cover. I also use all these gasket back every time I have them back off. By the way, the derby cover now uses the rubber o-ring and the old style solid piece gasket works perfect if the rubber o-ring gets deforms or leaks. With the solid one piece gasket like on the old twin cam bikes works perfect and can be used over and over with out ever developing a leak. I'll look up the actual torque values for you on the derby cover when I go out to the shop. Seems like 35-45 inch pounds. Don't forget the blue loc-tite on all of those bolts and screws.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Does anyone have the torque spec for the timing chain cover
I don't torque that one. Just take a 3/8 socket wrench and hold it close to the head of the wrench. Put a good torque, almost as much as you can. With being that close to the head of the socket wrench, you don't get much leverage and that is almost spot on. Blue Loc-tite is your friend on all bolts like these.

Edit: I was thinking cam cover. Timing cover use the 1/4" socket wrench and do it the same way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Timing chain cover/ cam cover same thing. Pull the cover l, timing chain is exposed, pull the timing chain and plate to expose cams.

If anyone knows this torque spec it would be appreciated. All these parts are covered in fresh powder coat, and new gaskets. I definitly want to torque them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts