Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't used a torque wrench in many years, and the only one I have is the old needle style.

Want to upgrade.

I suppose I need both ft-lb. and inch-lb.
Is that possible on one wrench?

What will do the job for me without spending unnecessary funds?
Don't need a snap-on.

thx,

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sears had the ratcheting ones on sale in ft # and inch #. $39.95 ea, that's 1/2 off. I bought one of each in 3/8" and 1 in 1/2". Don't know if they are still on sale, but definitely worth a look.
Merry Christmas and a Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I just bought a new one yesterday. My new bars have 8 points that need to be torqued to 12 foot pounds so I bought one (3/8 drive) with a range of 10 to 75 foot pounds. It'll obviously work for this application but I too would like to know if there's a "one size fits all" wrench out there for the weekend wrencher.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I especially like the flex-head feature........
have to think about that one.

thx,

Take a look at Precision Instruments torque wrenches, they look surprisingly familiar to the torque wrenches I sold back in my Snap On Dealer days, just saying......

You can find them on www.tooltopia.com at a lot less than the tool trucks.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Unfortunately there is not a one size fits all torque wrench. Torque wrenches are not best used at either the high end or low end of there respective spec ranges. The closer to the middle of the range they are used in the better.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What range in ft-lbs. would be needed for the RG?

Unfortunately there is not a one size fits all torque wrench. Torque wrenches are not best used at either the high end or low end of there respective spec ranges. The closer to the middle of the range they are used in the better.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I am not sure but I think the rear axle nut is what takes the most torque but I am not where I can check the specs.

I currently have an inch lb. torque wrench and a lower end ft.lb. wrench but still need a larger Ft.lb. wrench to round out my needs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought the snap-on techangle. I use it at work and at home. I like that I don't have to set it back to zero. Also the best thing about it is when removing. I can check the removal torque of a bolt and see where it's at then when torquing down just get the same removal torque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TFaNE3htz8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Take a look at Precision Instruments torque wrenches, they look surprisingly familiar to the torque wrenches I sold back in my Snap On Dealer days, just saying......

You can find them on www.tooltopia.com at a lot less than the tool trucks.
Just got this for Christmas today and have already used it. I like it a lot!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
And I might be mistaken, but I thought I made have heard they make them for snap on, and snap on sells them under their name.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Precision Tool. Cool website easy to forward search = category wise. Thx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts