Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought touch up paint for their MC and where did you purchase it?

Have a few rock chips I’d like to touch up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought some touch up pens from colorrite.com

For my bike I needed the base and top coat, so two pens. Came out to about $43 shipped, but the match is dead on.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
This is what I used on my bike, truck, wife's CTS, and any customers cars I do. Except for one.
I did a Audi and the owner bought the pens from them. I won't use them again.

https://www.drcolorchip.com

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Use the start order drop down box. year, make, model

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Dealer, it seems I always end up with colors that have a different color base coat. I just got some for my Black Hills gold , this time it is not a two color one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since the RGU is midnight blue/barracuda sliver I think I’ll relay on the dealer to order some touch up paint. I’d like it to match....

Thanks for all the reply’s.....

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Dr Colorchip will match perfectly. If you have any doubt call them. It will come out better then the pens or the brush type for sure.
Your bike your choice

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dr Colorchip will match perfectly. If you have any doubt call them. It will come out better then the pens or the brush type for sure.
Your bike your choice
I’m always open to new and other techniques. So, since Harley-Davidson doesn’t show up on the web page how did you get your paint code? I watched the videos on Dr Colorchip and yes it does look simple and clean.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The drop down box to the right does have harley davidson there. If your paint code does not pop up call them and they can make it for you. My bike is vivd black, they had that no problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Harley-Davidson doesn’t show up for 2019. I’ll give them a call and see what they say. Maybe the dealer can provide a paint code.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Roger that. VIN will give you the info for the paint code.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to update my findings. I was able to get the paint codes for my 2019 RGU. The numbers, and colors, were than given to Dr. Colorchip. According to Dr. Colorchip, based on the color codes and the colors for my Roadglide they cannot provide a color repair kit to me. The only way they can provide a kit to me is if they receive a sample color, either on paper or as a sample in a bottle. Lisa, from Dr. Colorchip, explained that they do not do a lot of MC’s and that they do not have an extensive library of colors for MC’s, no matter the make.

So, I’ll end up ordering touch up paint from my dealer and fixing the chip myself. Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts