Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979-'83 Tour glide fairing and need a windshield, but all I see is Tour Glide windshields from 1984-'95,does anyone know if the '84-'95 fit a '79-'83 fairing?

·
Administrator
10,491 Posts
My guess is yes it will fit , I had two TG's 1984 and 1988 , for many many years .

Here is the deal . If you pull up part numbers for 79-83 , you get the standard windshield ( 20" ) p/n 58009-80A and a 22" p/n 58016-80A ..

Pull up a part number for 1984 up and you get 58009-89 and 58016-89 .. The only way a -89 would work on my 84 is that there was a small change made somewhere , my 84 had to come with a -80A shield ..

The fairings are the same , I really don't know the diff between the -80A and -89

JtB

·
Registered
396 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks AzHogRider, I copied your statement from Clearview that may be the way to go but that is a little pricey, that's like $215 Canadian for a hunk of plexiglass :surprise:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks AzHogRider, I copied your statement from Clearview that may be the way to go but that is a little pricey, that's like $215 Canadian for a hunk of plexiglass :surprise:
It is the only place I could find one for the '82. Really it was a custom order and they don't stock them but cut it to order. I suspect they have a CNC setup and just rip through them when they have some time.

This email was sent to you to inform you of the beginning stages of production of your order.

1. This first stage is what we call prefabrication, which is the cutting and edge conditioning of the 2 dimensional shape of the screen.

2. Upon completion of the first stage it then moves to the second stage which is thermoforming, where the contour or shape is set.

3. The final stage is the installation of any accessories, lower screen masking, final inspections and packaging for shipment.

You will be notified again of the status of your order at the beginning of the second stage and from UPS The evening of the departure date including a tracking number of your shipment.
It is more than just cutting plexiglass.

@ Jack I think it is the bolt locations at least are different.

·
Administrator
10,491 Posts
bolts are only diff I could imagine and I wouldn't have thought of that if you had not said it , the fairing is the same and both shields have eight bolts ..

Oh the joys of old iron

JtB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts