Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding a tour pack and would like some recommendations between the chopped and regular. Rarely carry a passenger and usually do long day rides. I’m leaning towards the chopped because of the look but want to ensure I’m not neglecting functionality.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a chopped got it on Amazon vivid black easy enough to find. Chopped is good instead of a king although a king will fit a couple full faces if you need

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a chopped got it on Amazon vivid black easy enough to find. Chopped is good instead of a king although a king will fit a couple full faces if you need
Was your Amazon purchase an HD or after market?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Aftermarket. Tcmt or htmt or something along those lines. Paint is great. Quality is great. No complaints.

Reactions: Jhans996

·
Registered
306 Posts
If it's about the look and you will mostly leave it on, then the chopped might be for you. I went with the king with a chopped pad. I only really use it when 2 up or I need the storage. I like the look of the bike without anything on the back. Although I don't think the king looks too bad anyways. For the amount of coin it costs, I want the most amount of storage, and the King has plenty of that. And imo I don't see that drastic of a difference visually between the two. But again, it's off my bike most of the time, so the king was an easy decision for me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Form or function, you have to choose. I love the space my King offers, but I tour and will carry my 3/4 helmet with a shield in it for when it rains hard.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Adding a tour pack and would like some recommendations between the chopped and regular. Rarely carry a passenger and usually do long day rides. I’m leaning towards the chopped because of the look but want to ensure I’m not neglecting functionality.
depends on use-I like 500 mile days or more and several days so I don"t even have a detachable setup-wasn't worth the money-tp never comes off

·
Registered
247 Posts
I definitely like the look of the chopped on the bike. I went with the king because I needed the storage for 2 up 7-9 day trips. If you are doing day rides and rarely ride 2 up, I think you would be pretty happy with the chopped. Still get some space for storage and a lower profile look with the chopped..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Don’t think anyone can answer this for you. You’re certainly giving up some functionality but the chopped DOES look great. Our riding buds just had this same discussion. The trick is probably how prepared you want to be when you do that rare 2up riding AND decide to make it a weekend instead of just a day ride. You can always still pack on top of 5he chopped if you need to. But if you’re anything of a pack rat you’ll end up carrying lots of “handy” stuff and the king will accommodate and look cleaner Than having stuff perched on the rack. I’ve gotten used to the king w my ultras and am fine w the look. often ride 2up & several times a year do multi-days. So, to try to stop rambling I think I’d say if I was single I’d go w the chopped pack..........then regret it later at some point & wish I’d gone larger ???

Reactions: Jhans996

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
I went with chopped for the look. Check out Advanblack for high quality stuff for big savings over HD. Here's a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a Classic with a factory King tour pack. My RGS is the 2nd add on chopped pack I've done, both Harley. I've never missed the space from the King and I think the chopped looks much better. I mostly do day long rides with a passenger. She's comfy with the chopped backrest. We do a few overnight trips each year and there's plenty of room.
20190913_120208.jpg

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Those Chopped Packs looks killer....Since I procured my King, it serves the cause, looks, functionality, security, and very needed during long trips. That said, I have several looks to a Glide not so Standard...Blank canvas to what is now...Still in love with her!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Your passenger will greayly appreciate the wrap around back pad on the King TP on those occasions when you’re riding two up. I personally like both the look and functionality of the larger trunk since the introduction of the new style on the Rushmore bikes. Even when running solo, I like being able to store my modular helmet in a protected and secured space. Being able to stow two full size helmets when riding with my girl is a win ?

Reactions: Gotchu99

·
Registered
892 Posts
The chopped pak looks so streamline I had to add it. I do a lot of long tours with my friends and I just add a t-bag to the passenger seat. I try to minimize the "stuff" I bring for simplicity sake. When I travel with the wife, they aren't more than long weekend type trips, so i can have my pak nd use it too.... Best of luck on your choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The chopped pak looks so streamline I had to add it. I do a lot of long tours with my friends and I just add a t-bag to the passenger seat. I try to minimize the "stuff" I bring for simplicity sake. When I travel with the wife, they aren't more than long weekend type trips, so i can have my pak nd use it too.... Best of luck on your choice. View attachment 409656
The chopped pak looks so streamline I had to add it. I do a lot of long tours with my friends and I just add a t-bag to the passenger seat. I try to minimize the "stuff" I bring for simplicity sake. When I travel with the wife, they aren't more than long weekend type trips, so i can have my pak nd use it too.... Best of luck on your choice. View attachment 409656
I like that look, I appreciate the help. Would you be willing to pass me some info on your hand guards and cup holder. That’s nice set up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greatly appreciate all that took the time to help. I went with the chopped, I like the look and only need a little more room for gear for my rides. Now the 4-6 week wait for the color match order!,

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
There are actually 3: Razor, Chopped and King. I think the one in Glidedawg's pic is a razor (could just be the angle of the pic). Chopped is like the midsized model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a Classic with a factory King tour pack. My RGS is the 2nd add on chopped pack I've done, both Harley. I've never missed the space from the King and I think the chopped looks much better. I mostly do day long rides with a passenger. She's comfy with the chopped backrest. We do a few overnight trips each year and there's plenty of room. View attachment 409643
Thanks for the help, that color is epic!. I do the same type of rides minus the passenger, sounds like the right choice.

·
Registered
892 Posts
There are actually 3: Razor, Chopped and King. I think the one in Glidedawg's pic is a razor (could just be the angle of the pic). Chopped is like the midsized model.
Well....I paid for a chopped! enjoy

·
Registered
892 Posts
I like that look, I appreciate the help. Would you be willing to pass me some info on your hand guards and cup holder. That’s nice set up?
The cup holder is an old cruzer caddy. The hand guards are stainless brackets from work and youth size large shin guards from wally world, $6.99! It was a bitch getting the name Wilson off them.... Good luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts