Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had a King TP painted at the same time as a set of lowers. I supplied the paint and paid $300 for them to paint the lowers and the tour pak. So that should give you an ideal.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had mine done by a guy known for his local paint jobs. He supplied the paint. $500 out the door. It looks amazing!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Go on the Factory Match website, it is an element of Smitty's Custom Painting. You can find the contact info there. He has done fenders and bags for me and by far the best quality and price.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I have been to three shops so far. The cheapest is $ 1000.00. Keep in mind, my pack has no damage at all.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have been to three shops so far. The cheapest is $ 1000.00. Keep in mind, my pack has no damage at all.
Unless you have a CVO or some other kind of special paint, I’d buy a new one at that price. Check with an auto body place. The paint isn’t anything special. It shouldn’t be any where near that much.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
What Craig said for sure.
You can get a brand new color matched King TP from Harley for under $1,000.00.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
983 Posts
Price will vary depending on color and prep work. Is it a used pak that needs to be scuffed first? Is there any damage that needs to be repaired? Or is it brand new & primered from the factory? I had one years ago that I did all the prep work on, minus the primer. I took it to a guy I know that does auto body work who had a ton of black & clear left over from a contract job on fleet vehicles. He squirted it for $50. Turned out perfect.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had my inner fairing and front fender painted years ago. They used House of Kolor paint and mentioned that it was better than Harley paint because Harley paint is "single stage." Does anyone know what this means??

·
Registered
557 Posts
Single stage is what I put on my Model A, gloss color and done. Harley uses two stage, basecoat then clearcoat even on vivid black. Many Harley colors are three stage like scorched orange, basecoat, tinted clear, then clearcoat.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just had my razor tour pack painted but even with priming, sanding, painting and clear, I was into it for $300 total. King tour pack might be a little more just based on surface area, but for $1000, you can buy a painted to match King pack right from the MoCo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts