Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body know if a tour pack with the 4 point quick disconnect mount from a 13 RGU will mount to a 17/18 RGS? I'm not worried about the lights or sounds, just the mounting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
any body know if a tour pack with the 4 point quick disconnect mount from a 13 RGU will mount to a 17/18 RGS? I'm not worried about the lights or sounds, just the mounting.

No it will not. Either buy the quick disconnect or a used 2014 and up mount from eBay. I went with a used like new mount from a 2016 for my 2015 FLHXSE. I don’t like the rattling noises the tour pak makes with no passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have the tour pak with mount from my 2012 installed on my '15 with no issues. The 17/18 models haven't changed from my '15 as far as I know besides the M8.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a 2013 (solo mounted) tour pack on a 2017 bike. I had to add a spacer to raise the tourpack up so the saddlebag lids would open. Without the spacer the lids would hit the bottom of the tourpack when I tried to open them. This works for me but I only use the tourpak when I am traveling out of town. I ordered the new mount and it made the problem worse. The distance from the bottom to the lids is even closer with the new mount.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers guys. I'm heading over to Germany and was told by the rental dealer that they only had Road Glide Specials to rent, so I was going to ship my tour pack over and use their QD mount to install it for my wife. But now they suddenly have a RG Ultra for rent at the same price as the Special, Go figure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts