Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 road glide custom with the 4 point docking system for quick detach already installed when I bought it. My buddy is giving me a tour pack. My question is what is the hardware I'll need to be able to attach it to my 4 point system? Thanks ahead for the help

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
With the 4 Point Docking system and the Tour Pak, all you need is the Tour Pal mount it self. It just bolts to the bottom of the TP. Now, there are two different mounts. One is used for Two Up riding (53246-09A). It mounts the Tour Pal in the same location as if using the Permanent mount. The other is for Solo riding (53260-09A). The solo mount mounts the Tour Pak close to the rider and you can use the TP as a Back Rest.

Now that you can mount the Tour Pak to the bike (and if you have lights on the TP), look under the left side cover. You should find the (three wire) Tour Pak connector rolled up and tucked away. Just clip the tie strap and run the wire harness under the seat to the TP. It plugs in the light harness.

Now your ready to ride with extra storage.
Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Mmmmm... wonder how a tour pack can be attached directly to the docking points without the related mount :confused:.

:D :D Just jerking your chains guys but...

Bingo RGR. Good call.

With the 4 Point Docking system and the Tour Pak, all you need is the Tour Pal mount it self. It just bolts to the bottom of the TP. Now, there are two different mounts. One is used for Two Up riding (53246-09A). It mounts the Tour Pal in the same location as if using the Permanent mount. The other is for Solo riding (53260-09A). The solo mount mounts the Tour Pak close to the rider and you can use the TP as a Back Rest.

Now that you can mount the Tour Pak to the bike (and if you have lights on the TP), look under the left side cover. You should find the (three wire) Tour Pak connector rolled up and tucked away. Just clip the tie strap and run the wire harness under the seat to the TP. It plugs in the light harness.

Now your ready to ride with extra storage.
Ride Safe!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts