Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have a 2012 Road glide ultra. I want to make my tour pack quick detatch and i have found the docking hardware on ebay and harley that fits the fltrx fairly reasonably priced. Will this work on my ultra?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I'm going to assume yes. It should work. You will still have to get the harness from Harley to quick detach or make your own if you have deutsch crimpers and plugs. Good luck.

Fat Baggers, Inc also sells a detach hardware if you need anything.

·
Registered
336 Posts
OK, i have a 2012 Road glide ultra. I want to make my tour pack quick detatch and i have found the docking hardware on ebay and harley that fits the fltrx fairly reasonably priced. Will this work on my ultra?
Smajr85, I did this to my 13 Ultra. You'll need the detachable tour pack rack, 4 point mount hardware (found on SG/RG), SG/RGC rear strut covers (the ones that come stock on our bikes will not work), and the detachable wiring from harley that runs to your rear speakers/antannae. In regards to your antannae, you can either buy the mount that goes under the saddlebag mounts, or do like I did and get the hidden am/fm antanne that goes in the fairing. For the license plate, I purchase one of the cheapest ones at kuryakan (spelling). Drilled holes right above the rear brake light and presto, license plate mounting complete. If you have any questions let me know. You can get all of this from harley but its costly. I piece mealed the whole setup from multiple sites/this forum. Saved a few hundred bucks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Idea for the license tag is to use an '06-08 Street Glide license mount, that puts the tag under the tail light... No holes to drill and you can switch back when & if you choose.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
What the88virgnian said except I put the led curved tag from Kurry under the tail lights.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also did it to mine over winter. Used street glide light bar with plate holder, bought from e-bay. Four point docking from this forum. Detachable rack from e-bay. Replaced tail light with led and no window for plate from Custom Dynamics. Side struts also from e-bay. All worked well and very easy to do. Did not buy harness. I just disconnect plugs already on bike, tuck under seat. Unplug rear speakers and also tuck them under seat. Do not use radio, use my own i-pod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts