Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 RG Ultra and want to remove the tour pack. I don't plan on installing the docking hardware at this time. My question is what to do about the license plate mount.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I used a Softbrake plate relocator: https://www.softbrake.com/shop/products.asp?maingroup=Harley&secondgroup=License

That relocates the plate below the taillight. Unfortunately, on an Ultra that means you now need to do something about the license plate light. I have a Bright Ass Light taillight, which I sent back to them and had them re-lense it to eliminate the upper license plate window. Now I just need to install some LEDs below the light to make the plate legal again.

I think the plate looks best below the light, but if you done want to go through all that, others have mounted theirs just above the taillight. I'm sure some of them will chime in with ideas.

-Jay

·
Registered
757 Posts
I made a mount to bolt on the fender stud at the bottom. Couple of e-bay l.e.d. plate bolts for lighting. Chrome collar over the brake light to hide the window. Cheap and easy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So Boogitybob did you have to drill some new holes for that plate? I have looked at the Kuryakyn 9255.
Yup no big deal just holes My plate is going to stay there permanently Made sure it was look I wanted and went for it :) Also added a lay down solid red tail light after this pic taken

·
Banned
845 Posts
I went with kuryakyns lay down curved license plate relo ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1388157495.079306.jpg

just a few bolts drilled into the fender is all it takes and is permanent... I then dremeled the stock license plate bracket off the tour pack mount and all is good!!

When I initially took the tour pak off, I didnt even think about the license plate till it was already off so I took the plate and zip tied it to the turn signal bar and put some sticky padding I found at lowes on the edge so it didnt mark up the fender... ran like that for a couple months then got the license plate bracket

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feed-back. I think I may go with the Kuryakyn above the tail light since it will be permanent and I won't have to change the taillight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts