Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with RF pbr300x4 to run the Polk 6.5" in the fairing...2 stock locations and 2 on inner. My question is what brands have 6.5" speakers that will fit the tour pack pods without an adapter. I thought I read somewhere that some would fit without, but cant find it for the life of me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You can put Polk DB651s in there....

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Those magnets look too big to fit in the pods. My Hawg Wired DX 5.5's wouldn't fit in mine without an adapter.
I put them in mine with no adapters and use the "S" series which is shallow mount, I did change the wellnuts out with rivnuts and Stainless screws.

W

·
0 Posts
I put them in mine with no adapters and use the "S" series which is shallow mount, I did change the wellnuts out with rivnuts and Stainless screws.
Thanks. Are they better for mids and highs than bass?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can put Polk DB651s in there....
that is what I am putting in so I guess I need to order a 3rd pair. I almost have the ol lady convinced that I need dual 6x9 CycleSounds lids also. If she falls for my subtle coaxing and bullshit, I plan on ordering 2 pair of MB Quart ONX 169 6x9. I have always liked MB Quart sound and they sound great in my expedition. All these are 4 ohm so hopefully my first journey into motorcycle audio is a painless one. My only predicament I can see right off the bat is running 1-RF 300x4 for the 4 6.5" up front then running a 2nd RF 300x4 for the 6x9's in the lids...how should I hook up the Polks in the tour pack pods? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks Diesel

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Thanks. Are they better for mids and highs than bass?
Yes the Mid's and High are better, I even did the ports into the tour pak and it does help but you just can't get enough air movement to get much bass.

W

·
0 Posts
I did the Bass Port Kit a long time ago and did a full write up about it. It helped my HW RS Speakers but made a bigger difference when I installed the HW DX Speakers with 1" Adapter Rings that I also did a write up on. Then when you fill up your TP with junk, there goes the bass. :( It works best with the TP lid open in my bike building stereo cranked up listening to some good ol R & R. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts