Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting on the wrap around backrest on my chopped tour pak. Does anyone have the stencil for the holes I have to drill?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Couldn't find one on the net. Check with PC PaiN and see if he can scan one.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's helpful, but I still need a stencil. If I can't find one that someone has, I'll have to try to make one from the used backrest. Not ideal, but, I probably can do it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be GREAT! Yes the lids are the same for both. I'm just hesitant to drill holes w/o being pretty certain, that that was were those holes should be drilled.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
how about if i measure the distance from the top and bottom and edges.
With the contours of the shape of the lid, might be hard to trace it.
i was able to find a template for a chopped TP pad for a King Tour pack someone had scanned. This with measurements should get ya where ya need to be. Not sure if they mark the holes the same though. I can email that to ya if ya want, just send me your email address.
Just use a tap to mark the holes first and start with a smaller drill bit in case you need to move the holes slightly for the final drilling.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got the job done. I put 6 holes into my tour pack and the backrest fit great no issues at all! I mean the holes lined right up, kind of crazy. Thanks for all your help and input. It came in handy.

·
878 Posts
Isn't this a prime example of why this forum is so great? DED HD hopped in here and through great dedication to his fellow rider made us all proud! Thanks my friend!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try to add pics today.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some pics. hopefully IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a couple more pics IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doesn't really match the seat, but mama like it. And this winter I can have it redone if I want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts