Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best route to go as far as tour packs one of the aftermarket places or through H-D recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Two companies that come to mind are Advan Black and Mutazu.
I have used both companies and am very pleased with their products.
Keep Us posted on what You decide.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two companies that come to mind are Advan Black and Mutazu.

I have used both companies and am very pleased with their products.

Keep Us posted on what You decide.

Best of Luck!

Mike U.

Will do thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
I have used aftermarket companies for many things, but used HD for the tour pack. I personally feel the quality and materials are better. There are a lot of cheaper alternatives, I have heard good things about Advan Black.

Reactions: engineman115

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got mine on Amazon tcmt I think. Chopped. If you're paying advans price you might as well buy the Harley one. I'm happy with mine. It only goes on for long road trips. If that's all you're using it for don't break the bank

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
What year is your bike. The rushmore and new tour packs look a lot better and have a little more room in them. I personally would spend a little and go HD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lots of recent posts about a drop in the quality of Advanblack stuff. I purchased a set of stretched saddlebags that I'll be picking up tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be posting reviews soon...My bike isn't a show bike so I went for Advanblack

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Price one at Boardtracker online. In 2015 I bought a chopped tour pac from Horney Toad Harley in Texas. Tell them that you're a member of roadglide.org and you'll get a significant discount.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
If You want to go with the OEM Harley TP get a hold of Reggie Harris. He’s the Parts Manager at Horny Toad HD. You can reach him at (254)743-7200 or [email protected]. Make sure to let him know that you’re a Member of Our Great Forum and Reggie will take good care of You.
Mike U.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If You want to go with the OEM Harley TP get a hold of Reggie Harris. He’s the Parts Manager at Horny Toad HD. You can reach him at (254)743-7200 or [email protected]. Make sure to let him know that you’re a Member of Our Great Forum and Reggie will take good care of You.
Mike U.

Thanks will definitely contact him

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I just got one from Horney Toad about two months ago. It was $680. I don't think you'll get any better on the price by saying you're a member of this forum, but I'd like to here if you do.

Oh and you'll need A LOT more parts to make it whole. The $680 is JUST for the box (which includes the latch, hinges, metal plate, and a rubber mat).

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
I have been dealing with Horny Toad HD for a few years now and have always gotten anywhere from 20 to 25 percent off on everything I have purchased from them.
Also, if You live outside of Texas, you will not be charged any sales tax which is a big plus in my book.
Reggie is the third Parts Manager I have dealt with and they have all treated me extremely well for being a Member of Our Great Forum.
Mike U.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have used a bunch of the advanblack stuff at my shop. Of the stuff I have used I did have a problem with one saddlebag that was cracked near the area that you attach the bag with the pin. I contacted them through email with pictures and a message of what the issue was. They sent out a replacement without any problem at all. I do think the Harley brand stuff may be a little better in quality control but I have no problem with the advanblack tour pack at all and the paint is a spot on match.

I also have some of their stuff on my personal bike. Here is one of their Razor tour packs on my RGS.
[/url][/IMG]

Reactions: Swomack
1 - 20 of 70 Posts