Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m asking for recommendations for OEM/Aftermarket tour pack for a 2020 road glide. Matching paint, full back rest, speakers, luggage rack, quick release hardware. Any suggestions on good brands covering all the listed. Is any aftermarket ones the same or better than Harley. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Advanblack seems to be the most popular after factory. Only thing I'd probably go with HD for sure is the mounts and rack. Seen complaints about loose mounting and the tourpack shaking about.

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
For as often as I would use it, Advan black is the route I would go.

A few good reviews on here if you do a search.

Fairly cost-effective compared to OEM

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
I got the Advanblack. I have a Hard Candy Custom Color and was nervous about the color match. It's perfect. With the backrest, tour pak, mounts, and luggage rack, I saved over $800 than if I would have bought OEM. It took 4 weeks exactly from order to shipping. Pics below

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Advanblack seems to be the most popular after factory. Only thing I'd probably go with HD for sure is the mounts and rack. Seen complaints about loose mounting and the tourpack shaking about.
I saw that review about the loose mounts. I think that guy determined that he installed it wrong. I personally have no complaints about the rack or mounts.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I saw that review about the loose mounts. I think that guy determined that he installed it wrong. I personally have no complaints about the rack or mounts.
Cool. I know I'd have zero issues buying Advanblack. I'm gun shy on certain things like mounts and certain parts not being OEM. May be some paranoid tendencies.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If I did not have the HD tour pak which another member sold it to me , I would have gone Advanblack, I have there lowers pretty impressed for the price. But I agree with RFG on the mounting hardware, I go with HD.:smile:

·
Registered
820 Posts
like i said earlier i'm ordering my advanblack tomorrow, but having the stealer instal the 4 point syst. next week at my 1000mi. checkup. will go with the advan mounting rack haven't decided on the luggage rack yet. i like the airwing with extra brakelight.

well just got off the chat with advanblack and found out they don't have the barracuda silver denim yet. only the gloss. say it will be a couple months before they get the 2020 colors. so there goes my tourpak and lowers for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
46 Posts
like i said earlier i'm ordering my advanblack tomorrow, but having the stealer instal the 4 point syst. next week at my 1000mi. checkup. will go with the advan mounting rack haven't decided on the luggage rack yet. i like the airwing with extra brakelight.

well just got off the chat with advanblack and found out they don't have the barracuda silver denim yet. only the gloss. say it will be a couple months before they get the 2020 colors. so there goes my tourpak and lowers for the foreseeable future.
Snarley, what do you mean by the '4 point system'? Are you referencing the dock that mounts on the bike? We have a '16 RGS and it has the quick detach dock for my wife's backrest and the luggage rack. Is this the same or are you referring to something on the Tour Pack? We're in the market for a TP (and will probably go AdvanBlack too) and I'm trying to get a visual grasp of what all we need.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Snarley, what do you mean by the '4 point system'? Are you referencing the dock that mounts on the bike? We have a '16 RGS and it has the quick detach dock for my wife's backrest and the luggage rack. Is this the same or are you referring to something on the Tour Pack? We're in the market for a TP (and will probably go AdvanBlack too) and I'm trying to get a visual grasp of what all we need.

Thanks.
Yes that’s what he meant. The docking hard wear. You are good.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Can't remember what company I was exchanging email with, but they said there will be some colors that will not be made available period. Mine's Scorched Orange/Silver Flux, he said he did not expect that color combo to be available at all.

Dont know if it's true, but thought I'd mention

·
Registered
820 Posts
mr. chan i think it was at advanblack said they would have the 'barracuda silver denim' sometime next month. fingers crossed it happens.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
mr. chan i think it was at advanblack said they would have the 'barracuda silver denim' sometime next month. fingers crossed it happens.
Sam Chan is the US Manager of Advan Black located in California.
Sam is a great guy and if You email or call him he will definitely give You the lowdown on paint.
I've dealt with him in the past and he is very accommodating.
Advanblack
2875 Metropolitan Pl
Pomona, CA 91767-1853
(909) 784-0675 (Sales)
[email protected]
Mike U.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Unfortunately they dont have my color so when I get mine will be OEM. But honestly do not see that big a saving if you go thru someone like Surdyke.

Reactions: skratch

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Unfortunately they dont have my color so when I get mine will be OEM. But honestly do not see that big a saving if you go thru someone like Surdyke.
Get a hold of Brian Marshall at Horny Toad HD at (254)743-7207 or [email protected]. Let him know that You’re a Member of Our Great Forum and he will take very good care of you. Give him the info on the TP you’re interested in and he will give you a great price including shipping.
I just made another purchase with him yesterday and he was very accommodating, once again.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts