Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX M8 Twisted Cherry
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Have a question or two regarding tour pack led lights.
I have an 18 glide with detachable tour pak. I got an aftermarket led light strip i want to add to tour pak, but not sure how to integrate the wiring.

I have saddlebag turn signal- brake lights already on the bike. So from the following pics, can anyone chime in on the best way to integrate the tour pak led strip? It has brake and turn signal function. I think running light as well, not 100% on that.

Appreciate any tips or info. Thanks.
Automotive lighting Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electricity Gadget

Automotive lighting Hood Light Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Get one of these:

And a 6 way FEMALE Molex connector and you'll be good to go.

The harness will plug in line with you bag lights. Did the light come with a what is what as far as the wire color goes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i didn't. I can contact the seller and see if they can send any more info.
Appreciate the info and links. Thank you.

Get one of these:

And a 6 way FEMALE Molex connector and you'll be good to go.

The harness will plug in line with you bag lights. Did the light come with a what is what as far as the wire color goes?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Or you can "cheat" a little and visit Custom Dynamics or Ciro websites and look for installation instructions.
Because they usually provide detailed install information, sometimes it is easy to figure it out.

No i didn't. I can contact the seller and see if they can send any more info.
Appreciate the info and links. Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my parts in and all looks good, except... how do i open the plug up to attach the wires? Figured I'd ask here before i fudge it up. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
First you need to put the sockets on the wires, then inside the plug you see a white part. Pop that up and then you push the socket in from the back (side in your picture). Look up you tube videos.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Nope. These are. The HD part number is 72169-07. Go to your local HD shop and get some. They’ll have em and they are cheap. Get more then 6 cause you’ll probably mess some up cause I’m guessing you don’t have the correct crimping tool either so you have to make due.

Hood Sleeve Gesture Finger Automotive exterior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts