Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one from New Castle HD. PN 53249-01B

I have an air wing tour pak rack and want to bolt the organizer to the lid. Is there a template out there- anyone have one- that I can use to drill the holes to get this thing lined up perfectly?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Well you could always remove the tour pac rack,then using the double sided tape place it where you want it,then close the lid,place masking tape around the holes,then drill the holes in the organizer using the rack holes.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Well you could always remove the tour pac rack,then using the double sided tape place it where you want it,then close the lid,place masking tape around the holes,then drill the holes in the organizer using the rack holes.
This is the technique I used and it worked well. I would add to use over-sized washers against the organizer so the screwheads don't pull through.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The organizer has plastic stiffening panels inside the back side, you'll be drilling through these to get the bolts back in from inside the organizer's pockets.
It's a bit of a 3-handed job, but it works great once it's done. I've did the same with the saddlebag rails and those organizers also.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, y'all. Thanks for the tips!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts