Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering why the Roadglide Ultra doesn't have the same lights on the tourpak like the Ultra Classics ? The Roadglide is a touring model so I don't know why it isn't equipped. Only thing I can figure is HD wants to sell you a kit to install them. I was looking on HD's part site and wow 499.00. Reason I asked is that my wife was riding behind me on her bike and mentioned that the single brake light is difficult to see at times.:)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering why the Roadglide Ultra doesn't have the same lights on the tourpak like the Ultra Classics ?
because the ultra classic is a geezer glide and is way less cool than any roadglide, ultra, custom or cvo :D

·
Administrator
10,486 Posts
I was fixin to get the wrap around light kit this time last year , then someone backed into the bike when we were in Tennessee on vacation this week last year , and after I got the insurance money , I replaced the tour pak with the bat Ultra tour pak .

Cant have too many lights in back

JtB

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just put the Bright Ass Light on mine tonight, all I can say is holy crap don't get behind me without sunglasses

Jay

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bright ass light, is that there website name? I will check them it out. Geezer glide, that's funny, That's what I traded in. I will tell sya, that after having the roadie since August I won't go back to a geezer glide, all of these years, I didn't know what I was missing.:)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
It bothers me a great deal as well that the light was not included on my RGU and that even though lshd1.com sells it for $399 I would like to paint it to match and I don't know what they don't make it painted already. I don't even know if anyone could even paint such a small area around.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
It bothers me a great deal as well that the light was not included on my RGU and that even though lshd1.com sells it for $399 I would like to paint it to match and I don't know what they don't make it painted already. I don't even know if anyone could even paint such a small area around.
A buddy of mine ordered his paint matched. I have no clue what he paid for it. Might have been a Kury but it looks damn good.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Cant have too many lights in back

JtB
SOOOO True!!!
Bright ass light, is that there website name? I will check them it out. Geezer glide, that's funny, That's what I traded in. I will tell sya, that after having the roadie since August I won't go back to a geezer glide, all of these years, I didn't know what I was missing.:)
I could not see spending over $200 on one light from BadAssLight.
So I found a better way to spend the money and get more light.
First I bought an LED tail light from SuperBrightLED. It was a Plug-N-Play.
Then got a Brake/Tail/Turn module from Badlands. They include electronic (No heat) load for LED turn signals.
Then got the Red LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics. Still uses the single contact (3156).
The light will blind you and I spent less than one of those BAL.

I have the Tour Pak detachable. I have the Ultra Bar installed with LED bulb.
It add light when the TP is installed. But without it the rear is still Bright!

·
Registered
44 Posts
When you installed the BAL was it plug and play or did you need a converter or module for the led?
Thanks.
The BAL is plug and play, put mine on a couple weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. It's a little pricey but you can find them discounted at LSHD1 or from PC Pain. Bright as hell and well worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The BAL is plug and play, put mine on a couple weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. It's a little pricey but you can find them discounted at LSHD1 or from PC Pain. Bright as hell and well worth the money IMO.
Right on. No better upgrade for ass end visibility, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
SOOOO True!!!

I could not see spending over $200 on one light from BadAssLight.
So I found a better way to spend the money and get more light.
First I bought an LED tail light from SuperBrightLED. It was a Plug-N-Play.
Then got a Brake/Tail/Turn module from Badlands. They include electronic (No heat) load for LED turn signals.
Then got the Red LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics. Still uses the single contact (3156).
The light will blind you and I spent less than one of those BAL.

I have the Tour Pak detachable. I have the Ultra Bar installed with LED bulb.
It add light when the TP is installed. But without it the rear is still Bright!

^^THIS. In fact all of it. I have the same setup and its great!

Specifically you want this LED replacement for your brake light: http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/3157-led-bulb-dual-intensity-45-smd-led-tower/633/

Plug and play!

·
Registered
142 Posts
What kind of prices did you find?
And thanks for the info..

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Best safety mod is the brightasslight. Contact PcPain. He has the best price around. You wont be sorry. 26 different light patterns and 3 intensity modes.

·
Registered
893 Posts
+1 for the BAL. Plug & Play, eyeball searing and rapid flashing when the brakes are first applied - I've watched drivers behind get on the brakes quickly when the BAL comes on - IMHO, its money well spent.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Another vote for the BAL. For what it's worth, I picked mine up used from a forum member for a good price.

Just don't mind the garage:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts