Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day folks,
My brother is bringing a Tour Pak back to OZ from a trip to Hawaii in a few days, but it doesnt have a base plate in it. He's about 6 hours from me, so the plan is that I'll ride over to him and fit it to the detachabe rack before heading home again. That being the case, I'll need to take my base plate and all the hardware with me.

Is anyone able to tell me the dimensions of the metal base plate inside the tour pak ? Also, can anyone help with what material / thickness it is ?

Cheers
Don

·
Registered
837 Posts
If he is still in Hawaii could he get one?

If no one else responds by tonight I will measure mine and let you know.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Dimensions:

16.75 inches across the front, where the inner pocket is located

13.75 inches across the back, where the antenna mount is, rounded corners but essentially they shave 1 inch off of each end. The taper start about 6 inches down from the front toward the back.

13 inches from front to back, from the edge on the pocket side to the edge on the antenna mount side

This is in a 2008 tourpak for a roadglide direct from HD.

You should be able to cut the plate then tape it in the bottom of the tourpak with duct tape and mark the holes that will need to be drilled. There are 6 studs that are part of the plate then the mounting holes for the tourpak rack be it fixed or removalbe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to be a pain, but can someone tell me how far from the front edge the first of the mounting holes is ? I've just realised the bloody thing won't fit in my pannier for the 6 hour trip to fit it.

I'm after the hole that mounts through the rack in the rearmost position

Cheers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts