Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellas. I've got a 2012 fltrx with a removable tour pak. I always had an issue with how far back the tour pak sits so I looked around to see if others with a removable tp had the same situation. Is there different types of brackets if you want the tp closer to the rider. I could see two holes showing on the bracket but I can't slide it forward. Any of you guys know a fix to this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
if you remove the liner in the bottom of the tour pack you will expose four bolts. you should be able to remove them and move the tour pack to the forward mount holes. it should move it forward about 1 inch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
lift up mat on bottom of tour pack. there are 4 bolts that go through to the mount. remove them and the tour pack can be moved forward about an inch. line up forward mounting holes and reattach the tour pack to the mount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a indent to where the bracket rest up against (tour pak) and it won't go any farther

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just looked on ebay. There is a horse shoe shaped tube which is listed as tour pack mounting bar. Goes between mount and box. Might solve front to back issue but probably raises tour pack up about 1/2".

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes, you do need the horseshoe shaped piece of tubing that goes between the actaul mount and the tourpak. Hope that helps.
Nick

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think I see where my issue is. This maybe for an earlier bike but with the newer bracket
Yup you have a TP from before 06 mounted on a newer detachable rack. I have the same issue with my 12 FLTRX. I bought a King TP from a 03 FLTR and had it painted to match my bike. When I went to install on my 12 it sits back a little further than what a newer TP would sit.

BUT my wife doesn't mind as it gives here a little more room.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts