Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes, i have been thinking of buying a tour pak for my shark 2011 fltrx and was wondering if any members had experience with any pak that were not hd and if they were any good, i have a vivid black shark so i do not think it will be too hard to find one, if anyone has one please chime in. Just looking to make it more comfortable for my wife and the rides, i did see one company i think it was called fairing plus that made one, any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks fellas.:nerd: If anyone has a used one feel free to PM me with any questions or offers , thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Want something a little different? Check out this tourpak:

Swinebox

Calgaryglide

Reactions: Brent376

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I bought a bare tour pack from mutazu.com. as I said it was bare (no hardware or paint) for about $100. You can get a complete vivid black one from them. I forget that price but I know it was about 250ish. It's not factory quality buy for the price it's very good. Also if you call them and tell them you're a member of this forum they will give you a discount. It's definitely worth a look

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks fellas gonna check em out, def want to do something like a tourpak to make my wifes ride a little more comfortable.:smile:

·
Registered
523 Posts
This one, in gloss black, including the luggage rack, and the passenger backrest pad, and the mounting hardware, and the inside bottom pad, is $55.85 on your front porch:

Attachments

Reactions: twistedglide

·
Registered
213 Posts
The new kid on the block is a company called "Advanblack".

Color match paint, chop, King, free shipping and more! Pretty good reviews so far.

YB

·
Registered
988 Posts
The only thing I would recommend is stay away from the fiberglass ones and stick with abs or some other form of tough plastic. I had a fiberglass one years ago and it was so thick that it had to be modified so that the hinges & latches would work. Plus, the inside was very rough and the entire pak was heavy as it sat empty, putting alot of stress on the mounting rack. I eventually ended up with a brand new unpainted HD brand pak (09-13) and use that. The reason I went with an 09-13 model on my '15 is because I already had the detachable mounting rack, backrest, luggage rack, and premium hinges and latches, so in the long run, it saved me a few hundred dollars.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one, in gloss black, including the luggage rack, and the passenger backrest pad, and the mounting hardware, and the inside bottom pad, is $55.85 on your front porch:
Wow i really like that, who is the company that makes it and where do i get one? please, Thanks:nerd:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well here it goes, i have been thinking of buying a tour pak for my shark 2011 fltrx and was wondering if any members had experience with any pak that were not hd and if they were any good, i have a vivid black shark so i do not think it will be too hard to find one, if anyone has one please chime in. Just looking to make it more comfortable for my wife and the rides, i did see one company i think it was called fairing plus that made one, any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks fellas.:nerd: If anyone has a used one feel free to PM me with any questions or offers , thanks.
I have an HD King Tour Pack With the quick release brackets off of an 07 Ultra that I would be willing to part with for $850 plus shipping if you want it. You would need to buy the locking mechanism for it to have it keyed the same as your bike and paint it to match( it is red). it also has the rear speakers and is in good condition. Only one antenna on it but all work as far as I know as I never had the speakers connected when it was on my bike. Also has rack on top of it also.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the offer but i think im gonna wait for a vivid black one also i dont know if an 07 pak fits an 2011 fltrx, but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Thanks for the offer but i think im gonna wait for a vivid black one also i dont know if an 07 pak fits an 2011 fltrx, but thanks anyway.
you should seriously look into the mutazu tour packs. very affordable and you can get it already painted black from them for under $300. they will even give you a discount if you call them and let them know youre a member here

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow gonna look right now and see how they are.:nerd:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow i really like that, who is the company that makes it and where do i get one? please, Thanks:nerd:
Ok, I've got the entire thread "over there", but here's what you need to know: This thing, for the money, is effing amazing. It's AMAZING.

It's thick, 1/8" ABS. The luggage rack, while not super heavy duty, is chrome plated steel, and not flimsy aluminum. It comes with brackets to attach it to any luggage rack. It comes with an assortment of nuts, bolts, washers, and 8 thick rubber washers to attach to an HD tour pack base. The description makes it very clear this is a "universal fit" item, meaning you will have to drill some new holes in the plastic base to fit the tour pack base slots. Piece of cake.

Key points:

1. This thing is gorgeous. Deep, gloss black. Looks great. In fact, and I'm not kidding, I think I'll like it better than if it were Superior Blue, and here's why: I don't want a Tour Pack. I don't want a geezer glide. But, I'm doing Run For The Wall in May, and there's no way in hell I'm spending $1,700 for something to carry extra underwear and t-shirts. With a RGS, the gloss black really matches with the inner fairing. And, I've got black engine guard and rear bag guards. It looks good. It just blends in with the bike, instead of sticking out like a blue tour pack would.

2. It's really heavy, solid, thick, ABS. Just a little flex so it isn't brittle, but it's strong.

3. It includes the luggage rack.

4. It includes the backrest pad.

5. It includes all the mounting hardware.

6. It has a locking latch, and two keys. And a foam piece for the bottom.

Here's the small bad news, and the already fixed good news: it arrived with some damage. A piece broke off one corner of the lid due to an impact during shipping. I messaged the seller and they replied within 24 hours. They asked if it could be repaired, and offered a partial refund. I explained that it couldn't be repaired, and I liked it and wanted an exchange. They said they understood, and would send me a new lid immediately. I got a UPS tracking number, and the new lid arrived tonight.

THEY SENT ME A WHOLE NEW TOUR PACK.

I love these guys. Their communication was excellent!

I promise I'll post some pics in the morning when I have better light.

Here's the item: Black Tour Trunk Pack For Harley Softail Dyna Electra Glide Road King Touring

In real life it looks even better than the pics. I'm a seriously happy camper.

$55!! Are you effing kidding me?!? :grin:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I've actually had one of the $55 trunks and was not pleased with it at all. It is no where near the same size as a regular tour pak and when it was on the bike and my girlfriend was sitting against it the lid appeared to push back and almost unlatch the latch even when locked. And by the way my girlfriend is only about 118lbs. To me it was flimsy. I wound up selling it to someone for what it cost me and I spent the extra money and bought the mutazu pak. It's the same size ad the HD paks and uses all of the factory hardware. Much more pleased with it. And by the way mutazu sells the $55 ones as well. PS. I don't get any form of compensation from mutazu. Juse really pleased with their product and especially their service

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a factory HD vivid black King TP off my '13 RGC. Smooth backrest, mat, lock, key, detach hardware, everything in mint cond. I'm nearby. PM me and I'll make You a great deal.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ok, gents, here we go.

The things I really like:
1. The quality is amazing considering the price. The ABS is tough and thick.
2. Backrest, plus luggage rack, plus a good assortment of mounting hardware, including brackets to bolt it to pretty much any kind of universal luggage rack.
3. I hate Tour Packs. Real motorcycles don't have Tour Packs, Geezer Glides have Tour Packs. I really like that this is a little smaller than a standard King Tour Pack. It doesn't stick out as much.
4. Ok, I'm really surprised about this, but I love the gloss black. Again, if it were
Superior Blue it would be more noticeable, and the gloss black REALLY looks good with the gloss black of the inner fairing on the RGS. It even picks up my black engine guard and rear saddlebag guards.

I haven't mounted the luggage rack yet, so it's just sitting loose on the lid so you can tell what it looks like. It's really icy, so I didn't want to risk trying to get it to the other side of the house in the sun. But you'll get the idea.

I can only upload two pics per post, so here are the first ones...

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
WOW, the black looks great on the blue bike, accents the inner fairing.
$55 you can't go wrong, even if it lasts one season!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts