Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is a vivid black chopped pack 849 but a gunship gray one is 1500? Is there something special about getting one for a cvo? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
Why is a vivid black chopped pack 849 but a gunship gray one is 1500? Is there something special about getting one for a cvo? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Any Harley painted part that is Vivid Black is cheaper. Always is. You can have 2 identical bikes, one Vivid Black and the other Big Blue Pearl. The black one will be thousands less. I think it’s in the fact that they can spray a bunch of parts vivid black without having to worry about shades, or pearls or metal flake flop directions matching and such. Plus I know that all the CVOs are painted by CPV so I would imagine that adds to the cost.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I was just at Black Hills Harley. All the tour packs were $849.00. Vivid Black, Red, and a few other colors.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any Harley painted part that is Vivid Black is cheaper. Always is. You can have 2 identical bikes, one Vivid Black and the other Big Blue Pearl. The black one will be thousands less. I think it’s in the fact that they can spray a bunch of parts vivid black without having to worry about shades, or pearls or metal flake flop directions matching and such. Plus I know that all the CVOs are painted by CPV so I would imagine that adds to the cost.
Who is cpv?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just at Black Hills Harley. All the tour packs were $849.00. Vivid Black, Red, and a few other colors.
Right! But not cvo

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HD figures if you can afford nearly an extra 20k for a CVO you can afford 800 extra for a tour pack.
They're not 20 anymore though. It's only like 11 now. Makes it hard to just get a special when you can get a cvo

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buzzkill657, CPV is Custom Painted Vehicles.
They do a lot of painting for Harley Davidson.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See my dealer was talking about he had to send it out for paint. Maybe I misheard him.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
CVO has power lock and more lights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Looked at the new CVO's and priced out adding a tour pack with hardware (2500.00) and passenger floorboards (400.00) that's outrageous and the tour pack is lock and key not power locked.

Reactions: widerider03

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looked at the new CVO's and priced out adding a tour pack with hardware (2500.00) and passenger floorboards (400.00) that's outrageous and the tour pack is lock and key not power locked.
Same numbers for me. Completely ridiculous!

·
Registered
782 Posts
See my dealer was talking about he had to send it out for paint. Maybe I misheard him.

He was probably talking about sending the tourpak to CPV to have the CVO colors and scheme painted on it.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
i don't think so. you can order the gunship gray tour pack direct from hd. sending something out for paint when it is available doesn't make sense. 53000649EGZ is the part number for the gunship gray chopped pack. msrp is $1599. i would order it through hornytoad myself. i did that with my 2013 cvo and saved about $400.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could always go to Advenblack and save a few $$$
I did and no regrets, carbon copy of a chopped tour pac and even got in in Candy Hot Rod Red Flake and its a PERFECT match :)

damn drag n drop not working!

Reactions: widerider03

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i don't think so. you can order the gunship gray tour pack direct from hd. sending something out for paint when it is available doesn't make sense. 53000649EGZ is the part number for the gunship gray chopped pack. msrp is $1599. i would order it through hornytoad myself. i did that with my 2013 cvo and saved about $400.
Who is this hornytoad you speak of?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could always go to Advenblack and save a few $$$
I did and no regrets, carbon copy of a chopped tour pac and even got in in Candy Hot Rod Red Flake and its a PERFECT match :)

damn drag n drop not working!
Great idea!

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Who is this hornytoad you speak of?

hornytoad harley davidson in temple texas. a few years back they started offering us an online discount, and while the parts manager has changed a couple of times, they still offer us an online discount.

the current parts manager is [email protected]

or you can call 254-743-7200 and ask for parts. any one of the guys should be able to hook you up.

i've pretty much been buying my parts exclusively from them. to the point where i'll order 4 oil filters at a time and keep them on hand in the garage. i used to buy oil filters as needed from my local, just so they would remember me, but seemed like every time i would go in, it was all new people anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts