Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking and reading alot of threads here on this kinda info and the search gives ya such a wide variety so I'm making my own post.
I made my tour-pak detachable but when I do have it on the speakers in comparison to the hawg wired 4 speakers I have in the front are OEM and do nothing. So I was looking at upgrading them with the zx525 speakers from hawg wired but their magnet is too big to fit in the pods. I'm very happy with my system and would like to keep everything with Hawg Wired. So I'm looking for some info from you guys here of the audio gurus without breaking the bank but at the same time using the 400w amp from hawg wired it will give me the.opportunity to do lids as well. I also did the bass ports on my tour-pak too.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have Polk DB651S in mine and without any mod to the pod.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heard back from Hawg Wired and they said their speakers would not fit and I would have to seek other type to put in there. I'm going to probably run a HW 400w amp and power the pods and the lids in the future......very near future. Could even be the winter project !

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well part is bummer but good part of the email I got back was that I don't have to run new power wires and such under the tank to the battery. I can daisy chain the positive and negative off my existing amp. Along with that if I decide right now or not all to do the lids I can actually run and do everything under the nose with the "y" wiring harnes that goes to the rear speaker ports on the back of the radio. Less work and wires to run.
One if my curiosities is can I put woofers instead of 2 way speakers in the speaker pods and just get bass that way ? I'd live to hear someones bike that's done this already to see if I'm misspending my money going this route.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
One if my curiosities is can I put woofers instead of 2 way speakers in the speaker pods and just get bass that way ? I'd live to hear someones bike that's done this already to see if I'm misspending my money going this route.
well i have J&M audio on my bike, but i did put their subwoofers in the saddlebags. 4 channel amp running fronts in series off of front channels and the subs in the bags off the rear channel. cant hear the bass when moving, but sounds great in the parking lot.
So i bet you could put little woofers in the TP pods if they have their own separate channel, or get Hells Foundry Woofpack for your TP.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You did the subs in the bags or as lid speakers ? I'm thinking based upon your findings that maybe I'll just do the Polk db651s in the pods and be able to listen to sound and maybe no thump. I like using my tour-pak for my wife as a backrest and the space for luggage when needed not to use it only for a sub box entirely. Then that would make the tour-pak a permanent item and not as a once in a while thing as I use it now. Just once in a while when I do have the tour-pak on I'd like to hear some sound from back there. I also thought about getting the boom audio speakers and adding in the cycle sounds power pucs and not go for the big money on a tour-pak that I use once in a while. Unfortunately no one here has used the power pucks and can give some feed back on their sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts