Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come across any decent grills for the tour pak speaker pods??? I am going to be using the Hawg Wired grills in my fairing and would really like to find something similar for the rear pods.

If I can't find any I am considering just going with the Boom Audio speakers for the rears just for a looks perspective. And I have listened to them on a CVO Ultra with the fader all to the rear and they don't sound that bad at all. Not impressed with them in the fairing but the rears sound decent. Guessing it is because of the sealed enclosure.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
The do look good. But no way I would spend that much on grills. Any chance these Hawg Wired grills would somehow work???

hmm.. i don't see how those would work in the lowers. Look on eBay also.. Lots of folks are buying the Focal 6.5" grills and painting to match their lowers. They fit perfectly as well.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hmm.. i don't see how those would work in the lowers. Look on eBay also.. Lots of folks are buying the Focal 6.5" grills and painting to match their lowers. They fit perfectly as well.

Wasn't looking to use them on the lowers. Was wanting new grills on the tour pak speaker pods which are obviously 5.25. Title of the thread. LOL ;)

I like what you did WN. But what grill shell is that??? Would just about any 5.25 grill work on the pods or is it hit n miss??? For example I found these.

W

·
0 Posts
Wasn't looking to use them on the lowers. Was wanting new grills on the tour pak speaker pods which are obviously 5.25. Title of the thread. LOL ;)

I like what you did WN. But what grill shell is that??? Would just about any 5.25 grill work on the pods or is it hit n miss??? For example I found these.

The outer shell rings came with my grill covers that I got from Hawg Wired. Give Jason a call at HW or you can see if Frank has them at Drago's. I think with those other grills you showed, you'll have to find out the dimension across the grill to make sure they will work.

W

·
0 Posts
Is there a reason no one suggested the ones by Carisma Audio??? I just came across their thread in the forum sponsor area.
In the past he hasn't made any for the rear pods, only the various ones for the front.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The outer shell rings came with my grill covers that I got from Hawg Wired. Give Jason a call at HW or you can see if Frank has them at Drago's. I think with those other grills you showed, you'll have to find out the dimension across the grill to make sure they will work.

The specs show they are 6.5". I just measured the stock speaker grill/frame and it measures 6 3/8". Think they would work???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts