Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted in here. Looking to add a tour pak to my 2010 road glide for my wife. I've found a used one locally but it is missing the speakers/speaker pods. Guessing this tour pak came off a limited. I already have an amp I can hook up the speakers to. Anybody know the best route to go for the pods? I have a RF amp and speakers. Would probably try to match those for the speakers.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I've only read few threads on the subject as my aftermarket king tour pak Rushmore did not come with pods. Some people make pods, some buy aftermarket that supports larger or more common sized speakers, some hunt down used and of course some buy new from HD. I decided that they are lower priority and put it off a year or two. Unless I come across a deal I can't refuse. So I have the tour pak space, the wife is comfortable and doesn't feel like she's going to fall off. Just no pods yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have a Sharknose, but on my '11 Street Glide, when I added a King Tour Pak, I fitted HogTunes speaker pods on the Tour Pak and added the wiring for the rear speakers myself. I even sourced hollow bolts for one of the mounting points, and ran the speaker wire into the Tour Pak and behind the lining (so it wasn't exposed). I too ran an amp and simply bypassed all the factory speaker wiring (and overcoming the lack of rear channel wiring) by running my own outputs off the amp. That made my application simpler, and since I ran speaker wires in the wire trough with a quick disconnect setup, I could remove the whole TP in about 3 minutes. You may also need grilles for the speakers: I used the Harley CVO style grilles on my pods since the Pioneer "grille" didn't really cover the speaker well.

If you're running the HK head unit, I BELIEVE you may still need to have the "Fader" function enabled by the dealer so you can have that function; that way you can balance your soundstage a bit better on the deck (and not by playing with gains on the amp- which is not a dynamic means of changing the output).

You can still get the Hogtunes pods, or E-Glide Goodies sells pods as well. Note that I did have to take a razor-knife to the Hogtunes pods and cut out a bit of the opening to fit 6.5" speakers (Pioneer TS-D1605R).

My Post Count prevents me from linking to sources for the pods, but the HT pods are on Amazon, and E-Glide Goodies has their own site.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
2015 RG special. I just added the Pods to my tour pack, went through Harley 249.00, pricey but nothing left to chance for fit and finish. Bought the Pods without speakers and will have system upgrade adding four new speakers and amp.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Adding pods (and speakers) to my tour pak is something that I'd like to do as well. The pods alone are really damn expensive though! I've heard a lot of folks say the Hogtunes pods are just as good, if not better than the HD factory pods, so I will probably end up going that route. I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison of the two brands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts