Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on clearing out stuff in the garage in an attempt to find more space. One thing that just takes up a lot of room is my tour pak. Prior to getting a vertical wall mount, it was just sitting on the top of an upright freezer, higher and more precarious than I cared for. Now it is at a more comfortable height/position for loading and unloading. I also have the added benefit of a couple extra hooks at the bottom of the bracket to hang jackets, freeing up even more space!

If anyone is interested, the bracket came from KISS Products in Tennessee Tour pack wall mount, EZ Mount, Harley Davidson tour pack storage rack and is a quality product.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Great idea! Well priced product. Thanks! Now where did that rack on top of the Tour Pak come from?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice idea, except my 3' antenna would take up half my garage sitting like that. ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea! Well priced product. Thanks! Now where did that rack on top of the Tour Pak come from?
It is the Stealth Tour Pak rack, part # 53000242.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I'm using the same TP mounts (w/o the hooks) for both the wife's and mine. I mounted ours way higher than I would've liked due to lack of space lol. I have to get in a ladder to bring them down. Good news is we only use the a few times a year. These have worked really well for a few years now.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Very nice for the money. Been thinking about making one, but might look into this one instead.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Nice ideas. For now I move the tourpack from the RGU to the RK depending on which bike I want to ride with or without it. :)

A little more expensive than the solutions posted above, but works for me.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Nice ideas. For now I move the tourpack from the RGU to the RK depending on which bike I want to ride with or without it. :)

A little more expensive than the solutions posted above, but works for me.
I'm not going to feel sorry for you when I'm climbing the ladder to pull the TP's down lol. Nice option to have.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I just went the cheap route. a couple of shelf brackets, and a small shelf board that fits in between the side rails of the mounting bracket. the shelf is long enough that the rear section of the mount will hit the shelf before I can push it into the wall, and I can hang stuff from underneath as well. think I have $3.50 tied up in it....

idk why it turned it sideways....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
amhogn, I think you will like it. I have to have help getting it on/off the wall because of my back, but it makes it super convenient having it hanging vertically versus having it sitting high up on a horizontal surface.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts