Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a aftermarket king tour pak so it would not have any holes. The clean look. I'd like to add a strip light right under the lid with run, brake (maybe turn). And power inside to change things. The bike is a 15 RGS. I don't have a problem making the harness. I just want some input on what others have done to interface with the bike? Or even what HD does? And still be able to detach it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got a aftermarket king tour pak so it would not have any holes. The clean look. I'd like to add a strip light right under the lid with run, brake (maybe turn). And power inside to change things. The bike is a 15 RGS. I don't have a problem making the harness. I just want some input on what others have done to interface with the bike? Or even what HD does? And still be able to detach it.
You didn't mention, but I presume you are wanting to use this with the Quick Disconnect Hardware. I'd pick up the Quick Disconnect wiring harness, it will take a little R&D to see where the leads go. OR on my '07 FLHX I used a trailer 4 wire flat connection, and followed wires and discovered which wire to tap into. The harness that stayed in the bike was the smaller half (protecting the power leads). Running lights went to the lower side lights, and a license light with red bulb mounted in the center. I had a Air Wing luggage rack with brake/running light on the back. I wired it only for brakes, to simulate a cyclopes brake light on cages. HD also has a Spoiler light that would work to do the same thing. Just not dual purpose like a luggage rack.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct. Quick disconnect hardware. Looking for where the wiring physically goes. Does it get pinched going under the seat, laying on the fender? Or does it go behind the sidebag? Do the Ultras have a extra hole in the fender under the tour pak? I was kinda hoping someone would say "buy this harness from this vendor" and be plug and play. I'm sure I can build one and figure out where to hook it up. Just really need to know where to route it. Thank's for the help!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am looking at this again as well for my winter project. The manual shows the overall wiring of the bike. Where to connect into is where I am looking at now as well. I seen a Utube video of a guy that spliced in the module underneath the rear fender. I dont want to splice into any wires and especially not down that area. I want to find a factory connector to hook on to that has all I want available. All the manuals shows, and I didnt look "too" deep, was brake and on dim but no turn signals.

I want turn signals, brake and on dim.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think the plug and play kits have a set of connectors that insert between the existing run,turn,brake connections like used when you add a run,turn,brake controller or load equalizer when adding LED's. Seems to me I have seen a pigtail wire set with connectors on Ebay that would do what you need.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think the plug and play kits have a set of connectors that insert between the existing run,turn,brake connections like used when you add a run,turn,brake controller or load equalizer when adding LED's. Seems to me I have seen a pigtail wire set with connectors on Ebay that would do what you need.
Cool!
Got a part nunber for us pal!?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking at this again as well for my winter project. The manual shows the overall wiring of the bike. Where to connect into is where I am looking at now as well. I seen a Utube video of a guy that spliced in the module underneath the rear fender. I dont want to splice into any wires and especially not down that area. I want to find a factory connector to hook on to that has all I want available. All the manuals shows, and I didnt look "too" deep, was brake and on dim but no turn signals.

I want turn signals, brake and on dim.
I'd like the same plus power. I'd like a outlet inside the tour pak. I don't have speakers yet, so I don't have that issue. I'm not putting antenna' s on either. Trying to keep it clean. And a jack under the seat would be better than under the fender.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
CG-PTTP On ebay search for Power tap tour pak wiring harness. There are several that run from 47-60+ bucks. I think these are what you are looking for.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well, the cable fitment is below, and mine is in the not available list! Hehe my luck.

Fits:
'96-'14 Softails (will not fit FLS & FXS)
'97-'14 Dynas
'97-'13 Touring (except Street Glide & Road Glide Custom)
'99-'03 Sportsters, '10-'13 HD Trikes; '11-'13 Road Glide Ultra

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the cable fitment is below, and mine is in the not available list! Hehe my luck.

Fits:
'96-'14 Softails (will not fit FLS & FXS)
'97-'14 Dynas
'97-'13 Touring (except Street Glide & Road Glide Custom)
'99-'03 Sportsters, '10-'13 HD Trikes; '11-'13 Road Glide Ultra
Chrome Glow CG-PT6-BCM-L for Rushmore

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have speakers, LED R-B-T rear light bar, Airwing tourpak rack LED run/brake light on my detactable tourpak.

Best part is that I have one plug to disconnect it all.

Sorry as it might be hard to see, but in the photo showing the big 20 pin plug. It does have a cap on it when I ride without the tourpak.

YB

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
This might make it easier to see.

I have my solo seat on, black plug shown sticking out with a cap on it.

YB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have speakers, LED R-B-T rear light bar, Airwing tourpak rack LED run/brake light on my detactable tourpak.

Best part is that I have one plug to disconnect it all.

Sorry as it might be hard to see, but in the photo showing the big 20 pin plug. It does have a cap on it when I ride without the tourpak.

YB
Sweet! Is that 20 pin plug aftermarket or stock? If aftermarket, who? If stock, what bike do you have, model, year? That looks like the best bet yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
BUZZY,

Stock plug from MoCo that I had rigged up. HOWEVER, my Rig is a 2009 CVO.

Your bike is a 2016 that uses the cambus plugs.

You may have look on the CVOHarley forum and search for tourpak detach and wiring. BETTER yet, PM "FLSTFI DAVE" on this site, CVOHarley site or HDforums site. IIRC, it was his 2015 CVO Road Glide that showed full details and photos.

Tell Dave, YELLOWBIRD sent you.

Good luck.

YB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts