Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shocks I ordered from PC Pain arrived yesterday and I am considering installing them myself tomorrow.

I have a Craftsman motorcycle lift and all the tools.

I have replaced the shocks on my Sportster and even on cars but I am a bit nervous about this since they are air shocks.

One of the steps in the instructions say to apply teflon tape or thread sealant to the air hose fittings. Does this mean blue locktite?

Anything in particluar that I should look out for during the install?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wonder what the Germans call it! I will look in the plumbing section of the local hardware store and try to explain it to them.

Blue locktite won't work?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
In english its called thread tape, mainly used for air, hydraulic and water fitting to help seal threaded joints, its normal colour is white.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got 'er done! Man, my Craftsman lift barely makes it under the bike!

Did the job by myself. Put one side on and then the other.

Had to lower the bike to get the bottom shock hole to line up. Have them set at 10 pounds.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took my first ride with the new shocks on this morning.

Intial feeling is that I need to add ari becasue I am feeling the bumps on the back end more then before.

Was very nice backing up the bike. At the orginal shocks height I never felt comfortable backing it up. Much more stable now that I can put more of my feet on the ground.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts