1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
You'd be missing out on a lot not coming to the Northeast. Look up Geneva on the lake. Tons of bikes and bands all weekend. Farm and wine country. Wineries all over and some really nice roads to ride. From here you could head down to the little tail which looked to be on your trip.

I didn't notice if you were hitting the 555. To do an big ohio loop come straight down hit the 555 and it's nearby roads come across southern Ohio to the little tail, then head north the GOTL and the wineries. There are a lot of bed and breakfast places right on the lake. 20 bars. Some rides a zip line.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You'd be missing out on a lot not coming to the Northeast. Look up Geneva on the lake. Tons of bikes and bands all weekend. Farm and wine country. Wineries all over and some really nice roads to ride. From here you could head down to the little tail which looked to be on your trip.

I didn't notice if you were hitting the 555. To do an big ohio loop come straight down hit the 555 and it's nearby roads come across southern Ohio to the little tail, then head north the GOTL and the wineries. There are a lot of bed and breakfast places right on the lake. 20 bars. Some rides a zip line.
Lake County is pretty nice, and it does have a number of great restaurants and hang-outs all along 20 and 531. I actually really enjoyed living there. RFG, is the White Turkey drive in still there? That place was awesome.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Lake County is pretty nice, and it does have a number of great restaurants and hang-outs all along 20 and 531. I actually really enjoyed living there. RFG, is the White Turkey drive in still there? That place was awesome.
Yes it is. I've never been there and just learned about it from you. Lol. I've only lived here for just under 5 years. No friends and the one (wife's side) family that rides don't go far. Or really anywhere. So I kinda find shit on my own. But this will be a stop on my list.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yes it is. I've never been there and just learned about it from you. Lol. I've only lived here for just under 5 years. No friends and the one (wife's side) family that rides don't go far. Or really anywhere. So I kinda find shit on my own. But this will be a stop on my list.
Oh man is that place GOOD! I didn't ride when I live there (I lived in North Perry and worked in downtown GOTL), but it would have been a great place to ride for sure. If you haven't done so already, plan to ride from your place up the 90 (or 20) in Sept/Oct past Erie and into NY. You'll pass all the concord grape vineyards owned by Welch's. The smell is intoxicating. You can also ride around Chautauqua Lake to make a nice loop.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice ride, be sure to allow time to do some hiking in Hocking Hills. Some features are just a short walk. Jimbo's is amust for beers & burgers.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The best riding in Ohio is South of Rt 30 & gets better the farther East you go. Woodsfield area has some great riding opportunities.

On day 3 I would change your route after doing 555 to hit Jimbo's JimBo's Burgers and Beer - Bar/Grill, Food Service

It has new owners now, but hopefully they don't change the good things about it.

Hocking Hills is a great area to ride & hike around. You will be pretty close to the Big Muskie coal bucket, impressive look at how coal was mined in the area. Big Muskie's Bucket, McConnelsville, Ohio

There are some covered bridges on 26 that are a nice photo op as well.

Boathouse BBQ in Marietta is a good place for grub. Right on the river to watch the boat traffic.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
A couple of years ago I asked a similar question and everyone said the riding in OH was boring, flat, straight.
Well, as others have said we stayed in the NE side of the state and found some nice riding through farm country. Watch out for the horse #$%^. PA and NY also have some beautiful country.

·
Registered
538 Posts
A couple of years ago I asked a similar question and everyone said the riding in OH was boring, flat, straight.
Well, as others have said we stayed in the NE side of the state and found some nice riding through farm country. Watch out for the horse #$%^. PA and NY also have some beautiful country.
My buddy did a week of riding using Woodsfield as their hub for the week. He went through a set of tires on his BMW in 5 days. Some great roads in that area that are some gems!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just got the latest issue of RoadRunner magazine. Their shamrock tour for this month is based out of Athens OH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts