Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a set of adapter rings for my tourpak but no idea what to do with them lol.. Does the old ones come out and the new one in? IF so how do they come out?

Going from 5 1/4 to 6.5s

thanks

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
So I have a set of adapter rings for my tourpak but no idea what to do with them lol.. Does the old ones come out and the new one in? IF so how do they come out?

Going from 5 1/4 to 6.5s

thanks
The front ones bolt (screwed) onto the OEM 5 1/4 ones. I would assume the rear are the same.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what I thought as well but it doesnt fit or look right.. Unless I got the wrong adapter rings..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like I got adapter rings for the fairing and not for the speaker pods... anyone know where i can get adapters for the pods?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there adapter rings for 6.5 for the tourpaks? If not best way to mod it to hold the speakers?

thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
When I replaced the rear speaker the magnet would hit on inside. I took the material off & just used the ring to space out speaker. I put in a 5.25 inch speaker, I don't believe a 6.5 inch will fit either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check out VTwin Audio they make a adapter for this. Its like $90

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies.. I did find a set of adapters on facebook but they were too small needed the 6.75" adapters no idea why but thats how they are. After looking at it I am not going to bother with the adapters.. the speakers that I have fit with no issue I am just going to drill new holes and be done with it :0 if it dont work ill buy 6.5 pods on ebay lol

Thanks again for the help and the links!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the replies.. I did find a set of adapters on facebook but they were too small needed the 6.75" adapters no idea why but thats how they are. After looking at it I am not going to bother with the adapters.. the speakers that I have fit with no issue I am just going to drill new holes and be done with it :0 if it dont work ill buy 6.5 pods on ebay lol

Thanks again for the help and the links!
Just throw these in your rear pods and call it a day. Best speakers I've found for the pods. They handle power well and have great bass. No adapter needed. Just drill 4 holes.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76277_Kicker-41KSC674-KSC674.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp6735402&gclid=CITsr6akrcACFa_m7Aod2HEABg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts