Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I added the 15 style king tourpak to my 2012 FLTRX. I have it mounted with quick detach hardware because I don't use it unless I'm traveling. I'm wanting to put a light bar on it that works as run, turn, and brake lights but don'y know how to go about getting it wired to work. Talked to the parts people at Kingwood HD and they just said it couldn't be done because the FLTRX doesn't have the factory wiring to connect tourpak lighting. Here is a link to the item I'm wanting to get if I can find a way to make it work.

LED King Tour-Pak Brake/Turn/Tail Lamp Kit-67800368 | 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

If that won't work I might settle for this one only it just works as run and brake lights.

Air Wing Rack LED Light Kit-68000113 | 2015 Ultra Limited | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
All you have to do is find the light you want and make you a harness to connect to you existing stock fender harness.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All you have to do is find the light you want and make you a harness to connect to you existing stock fender harness.
I was hoping for something more plug and play. I'm kinda electrically challenged. Was hoping maybe some aftermarket company might make a harness to help with this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Do a search on here for tour pack lighting, the write up includes the part numbers for the harley wiring harness, using the aftermarket led light you get from eBay, that's what I did looks great took a couple of hours to do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wouldn't use the Air Wing Luggage rack Light. Its POS in my opinion don't waste your money on it. The rack yes get it and use it. The light nope!!
Now that's for a older bike not sure if they changed it for the 2015 but we all know how the company works. So I say they didn't change it and its crap.

Reason its dull and you cant see it. Might as well use a candle!!!

Just my thoughts.

I sent you a PM on how I did my set up.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have gotten a couple of pm's about the parts list I used for the ebay lights so I thought I would list it here
Molex pin housing #72478-07Bk
Seal Plug #72473-07
Module Harness #69911-11
Six way AMP pin housing #7306-96BK
Y Harness #70933-10
6 Molex terminal pins #72169-07 (maybe get a few extra just in case)
Download the Hd Tour-Pak LED Light kit instructions #67931-11 from the HD website and follow the instructions, take care about the location of the ground wiring on the LED lights if you get them in the wrong spot it does weird stuff (don’t ask me how I know, LOL)

I used the antenna holes to line up the lights, wrapped the tour pack in blue painters tape and pressed the bolts in the lights into the tape to mark the spots to drill. After i got the end holes and wiring hole drilled I put in the screw on the end and used them to mark the 4 holes on the sides of the tour pack. Take your time and be careful but it's not a hard upgrade and using the HD wiring sets them up as run, turn, brake lights.

Hope this helps everyone.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies, it is appreciated. I'll probably leave well enough alone. I would rather take the entire engine apart and put it back together than mess with this wiring. LOL

·
Registered
317 Posts
I too am looking for some lights for my 2013 tp. I also have the same LED tail lights and the air wing light, and I agree they suck. BUT, it got the plug that hooks up to the existing plug under the seat to extend the wires back to the air wing led lights. Why cant I simply build a Molex plug and use that as a power source? The air wings work fine when plugged in, why would the tour pack lights work as well?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Use the parts and harness I listed in my previous post, I bought the light bar from eBay was about $80, the harness and the other parts were around $120, of you use this setup it makes the lights run, turn, brake lights, just for reference I have a 2012 RGU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts