Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my Harley shorty gonna work with my new chopped TP I just ordered or am I gonna need the Amazon Stubby (don’t want hidden as I rarely use FM/AM)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is my Harley shorty gonna work with my new chopped TP I just ordered or am I gonna need the Amazon Stubby (don’t want hidden as I rarely use FM/AM)?
You'll need the amazon stubby.. I bought it for the same reason and it's not a bad solution and will get a few stations...I'm in the same boat as I rarely use the FW, but need some signal...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
And the one I have is the 4 inch CarvenSpeed one. So that is the one I know works. There are a bunch of different ones on Amazon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
And the one I have is the 4 inch CarvenSpeed one. So that is the one I know works. There are a bunch of different ones on Amazon.
Tried a look a like one on Amazon and the reception is horrible. I'm in a Chicago suburb so I figured I'd be fine. I was wrong.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
I just went to the local auto parts and bought a shorty. It works okay.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But I think only one that states for Harley Davidson

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I got the amazon stubby mainly for looks. I don't think I've listened to FM more than 5 minutes in the last 3 years. I live near Philadelphia and it works as well as stock. I'm not sure how it would work in a rural area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I would look at the Kuryakyn 12" one's, they are pretty nice.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats not what she said. :ROFLMAO:
She said the Kuryakyn one is very nice, which Im sure it is. But my point was it’s approximately the same size as the Harley shorty so neither one of them will work with a TP. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
332 Posts
They make a relocating kit to drop the antenna down, away from the TP. Easy to install. Works well with the TP and gets the antenna out of the visual even without the TP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts