Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im gonna guess finding a CVO head unit and the valve stems are not the only way to put TPMS on my bike...ive seen a few that even run with Garmin. i use the onboard or my iPhone. can someone recommend a TPMS or what are you using?? i know i know...cuz its so hard to check my tires

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
tpms

I have the fobo bike tpms and like it. I too recommend the steel valve stems. I got the "T" valve from them for easy of use.

·
Registered
300 Posts
DO NOT use FOBO with rubber valve stems. The instructions on measuring rubber stem deflection and any person that tells you anything else is a lying. Period.

You will need a tire are steel valve stems.

But other than that I agree it works great!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Well Just checked out the FOBO site to see if they would work for me and this was on the home page-

"Please be aware:
FOBO Bike sensors will not fit Harley Davidson motorcycles with side mounted valve stems or dual rotors. They will work on front wheels with single rotor only. Clearance must be checked before riding."

This leaves aout us ultra riders and those of us with side stems! moving on.....

·
Registered
927 Posts
When I got my FoboBike for my '15 RG they did not have an HD or dual rotor warning. Just one that recommended metal stems, but new rubber stems were fine. The rubber stem tore and I slowly lost pressure. Got the FoboBike alarms. Replaced with the metal T valve stems. No clearance or other problems. Different rims could have the valve stem hole located off center which could be a problem. Tape a quarter to the valve stem to get an idea about clearance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When I got my FoboBike for my '15 RG they did not have an HD or dual rotor warning. Just one that recommended metal stems, but new rubber stems were fine. The rubber stem tore and I slowly lost pressure. Got the FoboBike alarms. Replaced with the metal T valve stems. No clearance or other problems. Different rims could have the valve stem hole located off center which could be a problem. Tape a quarter to the valve stem to get an idea about clearance.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well Just checked out the FOBO site to see if they would work for me and this was on the home page-

"Please be aware:
FOBO Bike sensors will not fit Harley Davidson motorcycles with side mounted valve stems or dual rotors. They will work on front wheels with single rotor only. Clearance must be checked before riding."

This leaves aout us ultra riders and those of us with side stems! moving on.....
I have run FOBO on my bike with dual rotors for 20,000 miles, no issues. Absolutely love the system. Get a kick how when I walk by the bike on the way to my car how the air pressures on my bike pop up on my phone!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I really want to get a set of these, but I am going to wait until I replace tires so I can get the metal 90º valve stems and do it right. It would be great to have an idiot alert pop up on my phone!

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I really want to get a set of these, but I am going to wait until I replace tires so I can get the metal 90º valve stems and do it right. It would be great to have an idiot alert pop up on my phone!
Since you are going to install steel valves, I would suggest getting their "T" valve? That way you could keep the bluetooth sending unit on and still be able to add air on the other available access. I have them and am happy I have the "T" valves for ease of use.

I have the sending unit on the top and then the 90° valve is off the side for ease of adding air.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Since you are going to install steel valves, I would suggest getting their "T" valve? That way you could keep the bluetooth sending unit on and still be able to add air on the other available access. I have them and am happy I have the "T" valves for ease of use.

Not a very good picture, but you can see I have the sending unit on the top and then the 90° valve is off the side for ease of adding air.
I recommend them also. When my rubber stem tore. Had to have the bike towed. Dealer only had metal 90 deg bend & would have to order straight stems. So I got their T stems

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

I have the sending unit on the top and then the 90° valve is off the side for ease of adding air.
Yep, I fully intend on it. But I have a loooong way to go until I need new rubber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts