Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back last fall I bought a brand new Woods Cam TW777 along with S&S Cycle Adjustable Pushrods Kit 93-5095.
At the time I bought it I was going to do other engine mods as well.
I since changed my mind and have decided I want just more low end torque not a high end power monster :)
What I would like to see if someone may want to trade my TW777 cam for a TW222 cam instead.
I would like the cam to be new since mine is new as well.
If not I might sell both the cam and the pushrod kit and go a completely different route.
If anyone is interested in doing a swap or might be interested in the whole kit let me know.
Would sell the both for $500 shipping included.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a set of Andrews 48h in mine right now, very similar to the 222, slightly lower rpm ramp to max tq of 109ft lbs at right at 3k.
Have been looking at the 777 or the 400-6 for my new top end with 10.5.
They are used for 1 season but if you are interested in a partial trade I would be happy to chat.
Lurch

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of Andrews 48h in mine right now, very similar to the 222, slightly lower rpm ramp to max tq of 109ft lbs at right at 3k.
Have been looking at the 777 or the 400-6 for my new top end with 10.5.
They are used for 1 season but if you are interested in a partial trade I would be happy to chat.
Lurch
Hi Lurch,
Going to pass on the Andrews cam but thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The TW222 are nothing like the SE255 cams. Both cams provide good low end torque but SE255 cams fall below 100 ft lbs of torque at 4000 rpms where the TW222 cams don't fall under 100 ft lbs of torque until you hit 5000 to 5200 rpm.
With my TW222 cams I can be in 6th gear and drop the rpms down to 1800 and roll on the throttle and the bike pulls like a freight train.
The TW222 puts the torque in the usable riding rpm range and will produce 112 ft lbs of torque while the SE255 cams will produce 107 ft lbs of torque.
I used both cams on the same build and the TW222 are what I am using.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts