Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to get a new side X side so I went to the dealer that sells Polaris and Harleys and traded the 2010 Heritage in on a new 2022 Polaris XP 1000 sport.
The dealer gave me $8500 on the Heritage so after the cost of doing the fluid change, new air filter and 2 sparkplugs I made around $3,350 bucks.
I could have made a bit more on the bike but I didn't have to mess around trying to sell it privately,
Just waiting now for the dealer to put on the extra stuff I got and my credit union to send the check .

Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Very nice Mark, enjoy the new toy.

Reactions: ironmark

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
What do you do with those Side by sides? I see the farmers with them once in a while.
best thing i've ever done was to take one to west bygod virginia and take the mountain trails.
there's lots of rides to do on outlaw trails and the local peeps are more than happy to let you follow.
you might find yourself "in the moment" with some of the gullies tho.
what happens in the holler stays in the holler lol

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'll enjoy this toy, it should be fun to play around with on the trails here in AZ .

Mark

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
best thing i've ever done was to take one to west bygod virginia and take the mountain trails.
there's lots of rides to do on outlaw trails and the local peeps are more than happy to let you follow.
you might find yourself "in the moment" with some of the gullies tho.
what happens in the holler stays in the holler lol
Just looked up a video. I don't think my back could handle the side to side movement.

If they were street legal for use in State and National Forest fire roads they would be interesting. Nowhere to ride those around here that I know of.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Just looked up a video. I don't think my back could handle the side to side movement.

If they were street legal for use in State and National Forest fire roads they would be interesting. Nowhere to ride those around here that I know of.
Dave where Mark is people drive everywhere on them, in town even plus they have awesome trails. It can get dusty on those desert trails though. Good luck with it @ironmark, did you get it at Mother Road in Kingman?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Congrats Sir!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
definitely a good time!
i rode with these guys a few times.
the bikes are definitely high maintenance. i got tired of changing out wheel bearings twice a year.
and the occasional steering box, control arm and knuckles.

every year there's a mecca to Moab, Utah where they have a blast, and there's sand dunes galore out on the left coast.

there's a few privately-owned parks in Tennessee, and the public Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dave where Mark is people drive everywhere on them, in town even plus they have awesome trails. It can get dusty on those desert trails though. Good luck with it @ironmark, did you get it at Mother Road in Kingman?
Yep ! Got it at Mother Road.
As you mentioned there are tons of trails to ride on out here in AZ and you can ride them on all roads except the interstate highways.
I didn't get the turbo model but this buggy has 110 hp so it should do what I want it to do.

Mark

Reactions: Nordic Berserker
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.