·
Registered
465 Posts
Antlers and ears? Looks like you've already added a Stage II

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That, folks, is a Jackalope. A cross between an Antelope and a Jack Rabbit. I used to believe it to be a mythical creature, but after seeing this example, I'm a believer.

This one was in Dubois, WY, just outside Grand Teton National Park. I don't know who put this one together, but someone put a lot of work into it.

Heading up to Yellowstone in the morning. Really some beautiful country up here.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
That, folks, is a Jackalope. A cross between an Antelope and a Jack Rabbit. I used to believe it to be a mythical creature, but after seeing this example, I'm a believer.

This one was in Dubois, WY, just outside Grand Teton National Park. I don't know who put this one together, but someone put a lot of work into it.

Heading up to Yellowstone in the morning. Really some beautiful country up here.
How is your new ride in the twisties it looks a little stif and what kind of mpc you getting [MILES PER CARROT]

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trip's going great. Yellowstone was fantastic. Beartooth Highway was nothing short of stunning.

There is one thing I wanted to do on this trip that isn't going to happen, though. Apparently park regulations 'prohibit' it:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Trip's going great. Yellowstone was fantastic. Beartooth Highway was nothing short of stunning.

There is one thing I wanted to do on this trip that isn't going to happen, though. Apparently park regulations 'prohibit' it:
Planning on molesting a few animals, eh? :eek::eek:

Stick to Piracy :cool:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thank God that thing isn't in Kansas. Pretty damn funny though. Enjoy your trip. It's one I want to do in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
That, folks, is a Jackalope. A cross between an Antelope and a Jack Rabbit. I used to believe it to be a mythical creature, but after seeing this example, I'm a believer..
........ ab so lute ly !
..... they were all over in northern Colorado when i moved out west
...... not quite as big as the Wyoming ones, they were such trophy's folks used to mount'm on the wall
..... heck, Jerry Jeff Walker even sang about'm in "The Continuing Saga Of The Classic Bummer"

I drove to this bar, outside of Colorado Springs
Gonna drink a case of cold Coors
Hear old Merle Haggard sing
They had this antlered rabbit on the wall
Spiked horns and ears a foot tall
The bartender told me it was a Colorado jackalope

........... and ya just know that Jerry Jeff wouldn't bullshit'cha :D

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts

Feed or molest? Cause if you feed the wrong thing (bear, buffalo)and then run out of food before they are satified, you might be the one being molested.

Have a great trip Pirate Jay.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You Kansas boys... where the Men are men, the Women are men and the sheep are scared
so glad I moved some years ago..I used to live at Salina.Was just back there this spring on my FXD to marry off my youngest and last daughter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts