Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first bike on Christmas Eve 1969. Every year since if weather permitted I have ridden on Christmas Eve. Today I road 20 miles, too cold for any more. What a great day, and what a great tradition it has been,WR

·
Administrator
12,675 Posts
Too cold, it's almost 80°! :D

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I try to ride every News Years day as long as there is no salt or ice on the roads.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
40 and rainy here. Probably would have rode around town if it was dry. Bikes clean so don't wanna ride on wet road this time of year.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,386 Posts
I got my first bike on Christmas Eve 1969. Every year since if weather permitted I have ridden on Christmas Eve. Today I road 20 miles, too cold for any more. What a great day, and what a great tradition it has been,WR
Nice tradition indeed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice tradition. I pick up the new ride tomorrow. Supposed to be 50something. I may not stop until I get to the 1000 mile service. Lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice tradition. Finally cleared and roads are dry around here with the sun in full blaze. Had to take her out for a ride today. Tomorrow should be good too. Saw 2 other bikes on the road, a sport bike and an adventure type (BMW GS, KTM etc). Not one cruiser or HD.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm with WR, I want to go stay with dbell till April . Sounds like a fun tradition . No riding here any time soon. 3 to 6 inches of snow tonight.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
WiskeyRider.......been 2-up tradition here >15, 70mi X-masday, firepit the nite before in rain, we'll see if nwyrdy permits

·
Administrator
11,189 Posts
same thing here , was somewhat nipply out , I do the same on the 31st and the first ..

JtB

·
Registered
296 Posts
I always try to get in a "Cold Butt Putt" on New Years Day here in CT. I did get the bike out yesterday, it was in the 50's. As long as there are not 'pre treated' roads with salt on them, and no ice, I'll ride. Heated gloves and jacket liner do wonders for your comfort level.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Scoop

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Try to do the same but didn't get out Christmas day, something to do with having too much Christmas cheer the night before. But did ride yesterday.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts