Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory warranty is set to expire this coming March, and I'm going to be in the market for a trailer hitch so I can start taking my trailer on road trips again.
For those that have them, what brand and model do you prefer? I'm kind've partial to the hidden ones at this point. I'll also need the proper wiring harness for the bike so I can plug the trailer in. Any info is appreciated!
Lil Chief

·
Administrator
10,494 Posts
I use the mchitch , it's not hidden very well , and the harness is a kury plug and play , don't forget you will need the isolator harness , power to the trailer lights runs direct from the battery ..

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It looks like mchitch is shut down for a bit due to someone, I'm assumimg the owner, having surgery. I'm in no urgent rush to get one, but I am shopping around.
Lil Chief

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Frankie and I both have the Bushtec hidden hitch on 2 of our bikes. We have their one of their trailers that we pull our dog with. Been running it for 6 yrs now and not one issue with it.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have the N-line hitch on my 15 CVO it is not hidden but did come with a nice plug that covers the receiver hole when not in use. It is contorted to the fender nice, and looks good installed. I used the KromeWorks trailer wire isolated kit, they do make a 4 wire and a 5 wire kit depending on the wire harness that is on your trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, with that, can I ask how heavy the trailers are that you folks pull? Mine weighs in at about 280lbs empty. Tongue weight is only about 25-30lbs. My concern is that some of these hitches aren't rated for that kind of weight. I am interested in the Khromewerks receiver hitch, but they say its rated at 300 gvwr & 30lbs tongue weight. I did find online that Khromewerks says it'll handle 400lbs safely.
Thanks
Lil Chief

·
Administrator
10,494 Posts
I pulled a camper that weighed close to 400# loaded , the cargo trailer is really light less than 200# . to be honest I have no idea what the mchitch is rated at , but I had no issues with the camper and tongue weight around 25#

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled a camper that weighed close to 400# loaded , the cargo trailer is really light less than 200# . to be honest I have no idea what the mchitch is rated at , but I had no issues with the camper and tongue weight around 25#
Thanks!
My previous hitch was handmade by a buddy of mine and I never had an issue with it pulling the same trailer with my 02 FLHT. It's a really nice piece and I wish it fit my 15.
Lil Chief

1 - 10 of 10 Posts