Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought a ride report on using a trailer might help those wondering about it.

Save the trailers are for boats, and if mines on a trailer call the cops cause its been stolen comments I have heard them all.

If you have medical issues, or live out west where the first 1200 miles will be the same as you have rode for a decade, a trailer can help you explore more territory and give you more days exploring it.

The numbered responses are for me to fill in the days as they happen

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Be safe... I see nothing wrong with trailering...

You are heading to my neck of the woods now... WELCOME

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Loaded up the bike and leaving early for Reno. We have rode the Utah dessert a lot over the years but it steals 2 days in both directions

Interestingly the Ol' Lady wants to stop at the flats

She now would like to come to speed week. I have not been to it since i helped Bonner set the turbo charged gasoline record. This could be good

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Unloaded the bike and began the pretrip inspection

Front tire was low. Pretty normal since i replaced the front tire to get rid of the wobble. No one ever puts the FOBO TPMS back on correctly. Pulled it and did it right.

The inverter in the trailer is 2500 watts continuous so it handles the compressor easy

Off we went. Rode 395 up to susanville. Then took 139 over to Klamath OR great road.

Klamath to medford OR we took 140 to OR 66 ... this is a road where you have a boner the entire ride! Great road!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Today we ride down the 101 to Fort Bragg, CA.

Pretripping the machine

Wish it would let me change the crotch rocket pic on the display

Everything is good as soon as the tires warm up he will be at 41 PSI.

Riding avenue of the giants and a bunch of short stop and looks.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Have a safe & great trip. I'm very jealous. I had planned a two week loop up the Pacific Coast Hwy, picking my wife up in Reno, then dropping her in Seattle to fly back home. Very similar route. Unfortunately, my father in law was admitted to the hospital about the time I got half way across Tennessee. Did a U-turn. Hope to do this trip later.

Yes, he's been a great father in law for 40 years.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
If you are leaving the trailer in Reno and riding from there, you should consider riding 36 out of Eureka back to Reno. It is on the Top 100 Motorcycle roads list. While in Eureka, you should ride the Avenue of the Giants.

I rode that area last August.

If you are riding eastern Oregon you should definitely do "the Rattlesnake Grade"

If you pass through Astoria, OR try some fish and chips at Bowpicker Fish & Chips. Cash Only!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have a safe & great trip. I'm very jealous. I had planned a two week loop up the Pacific Coast Hwy, picking my wife up in Reno, then dropping her in Seattle to fly back home. Very similar route. Unfortunately, my father in law was admitted to the hospital about the time I got half way across Tennessee. Did a U-turn. Hope to do this trip later.

Yes, he's been a great father in law for 40 years.

Sorry to hear about your father in law. You are doing the right thing ... pCH will be there for you in the future. Family first.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Be safe... I see nothing wrong with trailering...

You are heading to my neck of the woods now... WELCOME

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree. sometimes, it isn't the journey. we just recently went from Louisiana to san diego. it would have been a hard 3 days ride each way, but by trailering we were able to make the trip each way in 2 days, in comfort and were able to enjoy riding out in the sd area. if we hadn't trailered, we wouldn't have had time to go with my work schedule.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts