1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I've heard good things about them. One thread in particular elsewhere some dude had used his for over 36K miles. Wow! Anyways, he did mention right from the get go he replaced the axle bearings, pulled one leaf out to make it not so stiff and lengthened the toungue. The tounge part may be too much work, but the majority of things I read on these was to change the bearings out for sure.

Have no clue on hitch but have considered making my own soon to accomodate a future pull-behind for my bike as well.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Check out this link for the home built trailer http://nomad.eurekaboy.com/mctrailer.htm

I had put together a homebuilt a long time ago, bolted a vari-kennel to it and took my dog with me through the south east and on to Texas. I did have an issue with a wheel bearing but I attributed it to over tightening the nut. Aside from that - no issue with about 20k miles and in fact am slowly building another one to pull behind the RGU.

I'll probably go with the Bushtec hitch (Version 2 Ball Hitch for 2009-2011 Harley-Davidson FLH) for my bike

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have one of the Harbor Freight trailers with a Sears X-cargo clamshell bolted to it. I pull with a 2012 Roadglide and a 2007 RG before that. It pulls so easy that I have to tilt a mirror down to remind me it is back there. The only time it is really noticeable is stopping. Be sure and allow a little longer for stops and watch around gas stations that it does not clip the curb in a tight turn. I have pulled it up to 80 mph with no problems. My wife and I have camped several times and often use it for groceries and other local errands. I highly recommend these trailers for their price and versatility.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh boy I loved our Bushtec trailer but very expensive!

·
Registered
815 Posts
sub'd.......

·
Administrator
10,503 Posts
We have pulled a couple campers over the past thirty years , as well as a cargo trailer , we took in a Escapade cargo trailer as a partial trade on the camper we sold last year ..

It's all in what you want in a trailer , there are many out there pulling the HF or something similar and happy with it , my spousal unit would never allow that behind our bike ..

We sold the cargo trailer not long ago , it was for her stuff , I really don't need one ..

We have the mchitch , there are many good ones to choose from ..

the harness should have an isolator that plugs the power into the battery instead of using the power running thru the bikes light harness

JtB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts