Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learned a lesson today, lost 22 ounces from tranny over past few weeks, took it to an Indy local to me (first time - wanted to get a feel for how they do). Mechanic said most tranny pan bolts were 1/2 to full turn loose. Had him go over all motor bolts and tighten to specs, drain and fill tranny with Belray (had HD syn in it), and check belt tension. Luckily no large metal junks when tranny drained. Charge $70.00

They ballparked cam replacement at $700 (4 hours labor, cams and pushrods). I do most my own work, but right now don't have the time to work on it. Been wanting to do cams, thinking about the Andrews 54's.

Those that do their own wrenching, if checking tranny bolts not on the checklist, I suggest adding.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luckily no damage done, sounds like you got off cheap!
Yeah, I got lucky. She's a lot quieter tranny wise now and shifts smoother putting gear lube in the hole.

Reactions: killintime

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I will put this on my list,also i have changed out two buddies bikes from Syn 3 in the trans to Belray,their remark is,holy shit this trans shifts a lot smoother and is a lot quieter.

·
Administrator
13,714 Posts
I been using Redline Shockproof and several years ago just before the warranty ran out , I took it in for a stator and they herd some noises , drained the tranny , couldn't find anything and saw I had Redline and said I could have either HD or BelRay , I had 'em put the BelRay in and I think it is right there with Redline , maybe better ..

JtB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.