Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in from a destin trip, round 1000 miles. Noticed this leak under the bike. It's a 2012 RG with 15k miles. Was serviced not long ago. Also noticed a bit of vibration when nearing the Rev limiter thru the gears. Would this be a gasket causing the leak? What about the vibrations?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a 2009 that developed a similar leak. Check that the two screws on the bottom of the transmission cover are tight. Those screws also attach the exhaust mount and can vibrate loose, and they are difficult to get to with the header attached. I removed the heat shield to make access easier. I believe they are 5/16 or maybe 1/4. Anyway, the hex end of a multi-bit screwdriver bit fit the hex screws perfectly. I then used a boxed end ratcheting wrench slipped onto the bit to tighten the screws if that makes any sense. Some people also cut down a hex wrench so it will fit into the small space. It’s kind of hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My 09 had that problem. My Indy told me to take the 2 bolts all the way out, clean them, and put red loctite on. He said that the leak would be a reoccurring issue otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts