Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SW10 is gonna be more than a day trip for me.
How many travel days do those of us who have to go cross-continent
.....expect to use getting to & from the battlefields of PA ?

anybody thinking of a 'left to right gypsy tour' ?
........ one can never start thinking about the next SW too early :wink:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
PA is about the same distance as it was getting from katy, TX to Deadwood. The first day we did 400 miles (9 hrs), 2nd day we did 5xx miles (10 hrs) and 3rd day arriving 400 miles (9 hrs again). On the way back home we split 1400 miles over 2 days.

For PA, I'm planning on taking 16 days off from work.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
PA is about the same distance as it was getting from katy, TX to Deadwood. The first day we did 400 miles (9 hrs), 2nd day we did 5xx miles (10 hrs) and 3rd day arriving 400 miles (9 hrs again). On the way back home we split 1400 miles over 2 days.

For PA, I'm planning on taking 16 days off from work.
16 days off?! I hope you don't plan on spending them all in PA. It's not that exciting a state. lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is about 2500 miles for me. I have been going back and forth on what I want to do. When the time gets closer if someone has a planned ride maybe I can tag along.

·
Super Moderator
9,599 Posts
About 850 from here .. Depends on who is with me , I do 600 a day without a thought .. So day and a half or less in perfect conditions , two full days will be more likely if I hook up with someone ..

JtB

·
Registered
307 Posts
16 days off?! I hope you don't plan on spending them all in PA. It's not that exciting a state. lol
Got that right might burn up a few sitting in traffic.In all fairness it does have some nice areas just have to get away from the sprawl which there is plenty

·
Registered
718 Posts
I’ll start throwing darts at a map when I find out how much time off from Alaska SonOShemp gets next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
I sure hope I will be free to make it, seeing it's only about a 4 hour ride from NY.
Hafta see what the dates will be and mark them down.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I sure hope I will be free to make it, seeing it's only about a 4 hour ride from NY.
Hafta see what the dates will be and mark them down.
Mike U.
July 14th 15th and 16th.
Crap! My wife's birthday is the 13th. Why did she have to be born in the summer!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Hmm about 1400 miles is at least 4 days for this trip, in reality that might be 5 days, one way. Just can't help wandering......

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Well if I can make it this would be my route. Since I would already be on the east coast I'd need to slide down to FL and visit my son and his family. Got to go see my grandsons. Be my chance to take them for a ride on grandpa's motorcycle. Plus my daughter wants to go to a college in Miami, FL so we would have to go check it out while we were down there. And then I'd swing thru Phoenix, AZ to check out a trailer manufacture that I want to look at.

7,600 miles if I can make this trip. So figuring riding 8 hours each day it's just over 14 days of JUST riding not including the stops along the way. Looks like I need to start making some plans.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Crap! My wife's birthday is the 13th. Why did she have to be born in the summer!
Bring your wife to Gettysburg for a birthday trip. My wife is concerned she'll be the only woman there.
I’ve done that before, but there has to be something she is interested in doing in the area.

Think about your wife taking you to her knitting and quilting retreat for your birthday. 😉

1 - 20 of 59 Posts