Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys wear western hats? How do you pack it when touring.
My wife gave me a custom beaver hat from double H hats for Christmas and would love to bring it touring but how to pack it. BTW I don't have a TP.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
That's a good question and I have wondered that myself. I don't see a good way unless you have an empty saddlebag. I guess you could pack it in a hard sided something and strap it on.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Without a TP, you will need to leave it at home. I have a crushable cowboy hat that folds up and fits in a saddlebag with no issues, but a stiff hat simply takes up to much space to take on a trip.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you're that passionate about it you'll find a way!

Could take an existing bucket box and reinforce the exterior with aluminum flat stock. Picture: place the box in a cage, riveted together.
Then rivet tie down points on the aluminum.
For the box, get some of that exterior rubber stray for water proof.
Spray paint black.

Not exact. But just thinking over morning coffee.

I can't travel without certain things. There's gotta be a way to fabricate something and if you take your time, it shouldn't be an eyesore.

jerrol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought a plastic hat case and bungee cord the case to the rack

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Would think a custom case would be in order, ever see the WWI officer hats boxes without the brim wieghts, sure there's something to make using a heat gun, would use REI style straps vs bunggie

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah it looks like Sheplers has something you could use but the question is what do you attach it to without having a tourpak. How much do you travel and have you ever thought about a TP for just when you're traveling. Lots of guys do it and if you're coming to SWV it'd seem you'd want to bring your hat to Texas!
I attach it to the passenger seat or luggage rack

Attachments

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Fed-x back and forth.
This is a great idea if you have to have it although it only works at destination points and not while on the road.

alternatively, you could put your bike on a trailer and tow it with your truck if you have one......:D;)

·
Super Moderator
4,198 Posts
This is a great idea if you have to have it although it only works at destination points and not while on the road.

alternatively, you could put your bike on a trailer and tow it with your truck if you have one......:D;)
That's some funny shit Paul.

·
Registered
487 Posts
get some strings on it and tie it around your neck?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts