Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 road glide that I’m deleting the tri bar on. I have all the wires connected and working except I cannot get the brake lights to function. The running lights work, the turn signals work and when I hit the brakes I hear the relay engage but the lights do not work. As far as I can tell I have 2 wires for the brake lights, Orange/White and Red/Yellow. The running light wire is blue, the turn signals are brown and violet. Everything works except the damn brake lights. If I hook up the orange wire to the running light wire and the red wire to the tail light and hit the brakes, they work but I have not been able to find any combination that gets me both running and brake.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Joker I’m not sure what type of a light you’re installing but if I remember correctly the orange/white wire comes from the stop lamp switch and the red/yellow wire comes from the brake relay. I also believe both wires are hot with the ignition on.
If I’m incorrect I hope someone else will chime in.
Hope this helps.
Best of Luck.
Keep Us posted.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Basically just deleting the tri bar and running the standard 2 lights on the fender which should be run, brake turn. the red/yellow wire on has power when the brakes are engaged and the orange wire doesn’t have power at all. Once I hook the orange wire up to the running light wire the brake relay will engage. As of right now I bypassed the turn signals and hooked up the the brake light so I have running and brake but no turn signals.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Custom dynamics actually sells an adapter to do this but it’s brand new and isn’t scheduled to be shipped until May 18th. I’m waiting for one now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Willy, I saw that but I couldn’t get an answer on when it was going to ship so I decided it can’t be THAT hard to do it myself! HAHA!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Custom dynamics actually sells an adapter to do this but it’s brand new and isn’t scheduled to be shipped until May 18th. I’m waiting for one now.

OP is looking for one for an '11 and the one you listed is for '14 and up touring bikes. I'd think they'd have one out already for an '11.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I'm thinking that tribar light has a converter module built into it.

Also, find the other end of that harness where it comes out from under the seat. You may be able to match up your wires to that harness. The fender harness will be different between an RGU and an RGC from that point down but should be the same at the seat on all the touring bikes. If you have a purple wire in the 1st harness (under the seat) that goes to a pink wire into the TB module and then back out of the module back into a purple wire, that might be what you need. Electricity is color blind, doesn't matter what color the wire is as long as it's following the right path.

·
Registered
960 Posts
OP is looking for one for an '11 and the one you listed is for '14 and up touring bikes. I'd think they'd have one out already for an '11.
They make one for older bikes also. This is just the screen shot i had saved on my phone.

Reactions: Ohiobellboy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts