Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter project is to make the tourpak detachable on my ultra and I am adding the tribar light to my rear fascia while I am at it. I bought the light off eBay and I have the harness part number identified. I am wondering about a shield the snaps on the back of the light. I would assume it is to keep road crud off the light. It is shown in the parts diagrams but I can't find a part number for it. I haven't read anything about it in the forums either. People that have added the light,did you add the shield? Anyone have one they want to sell, or a part number to order one?
Also looking for mounting screw info. I think I read T20 torx somewhere but don't know how long.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
If you can, post a pic of your light? Like already mentioned the lights are just a plastic housing. I do believe there's a part in there that's called a "stiffener" which is metal. Maybe that's what you're talking about?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ImageUploadedByMO Free1420300832.594719.jpg
There are 2 tabs at the top and two at the bottom that the shield snaps on to. The light is part # 59600008. I saw the shield when looking up parts for a 2011 Road Glide Ultra on Ronnies microfiche.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
639 Posts
The screw part number is 2995. If you're doing the install on an Ultra, there is really no need for a shield because the light is completely sealed. On the Custom, there is a shield on the back of the light because that's where all the turn signals, etc plug in. On the Ultra (or at least on mine) the turn signals and the tri bar plug into the taillight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
532 Posts
On my 13 RGC there is a cover over the back of the Tri-Bar Light. It covers a large connector that is between the wheel and the Tri-Bar Light.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts