Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My brother posted on here about are uncle passing away and showed every one some pics of how we put his 03 road glide inside the funeral home to give him the send off he would have liked. My uncle Rich left me his bike and after talking with my brother we decided to build it in to a real sweet tribute to both him and are dad who passes away along time ago now.

The bike is a 2003 anniversary RG that are uncle had ordered new it now has 94,000 miles on it and the only thing ever done to it was we did a cam chain and tensioners around 70k other then lot of tires and oil changes :).

the plans for the bike are to make it as clean and smooth as possible with a nice red and black two tone paint job extended bags, 21" fat 50 front wheel, 10" black monkey bars and lower it a inch with progressive suspension. that is the just of it there will be many other things done but I have wrote enough for now. please give us any ideas and input as we go along

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
thank you I will the world of baggers is a new adventure for me
It's all nuts and bolts bud, and if you get in a jamb there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that will gladly help out

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That was a great send off for your uncle. I think what you and your brother are doing is awesome. Keeping the bike in the family and modding it. I'm sure your Uncle is smiling while you're Gliding. Enjoy it !!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Brother this is gona be such a cool bike when we are done. I cant wait to see the paint. Dad And Rich are both looking down and loving every min of this...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the fender extension, went with the clear one because I would like to put are dads initials (MBT) down one side and are uncles (RJT) down the other with a RIP across the bottom and back light it with red LED what do you guys think???

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brother this is gona be such a cool bike when we are done. I cant wait to see the paint. Dad And Rich are both looking down and loving every min of this...
Yes they are. Im hoping next week some time to get every thing to Jesse for paint. he is going to come up to the house monday or tuesday to give a hand with mounting the fender extension.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
decided to do a tire huger front fender today so we ordered up the klock werks 21" slicer it should accent the front wheel nicely.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's cool, but I would have left it how he rode it and enjoyed it as he did, unless his dream was to build it up.

Not trying to take away from what you have going, I think it's great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's cool, but I would have left it how he rode it and enjoyed it as he did, unless his dream was to build it up.

Not trying to take away from what you have going, I think it's great.
Thanks, are uncle has built countless custom bikes over the years and although he never had plans to build this one up so drastically it is something I know he would truly appreciate

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 72 Posts